Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have a few friends that use Facebook as an email client and only use that to send messages (they don't use email very much). It would be great to have an app that would connect to Facebook and act like a mail client, allowing me to send and receive messages (not chat, just messages).

Something like FriendsFlow would be great as that is a very clean app. Wouldn't mind even seeing inbox functionality incorporated into FriendsFlow but I know as you start adding things to a program, the more complicated it becomes and you get away from the original intent of keeping it simple.
    That may not be possible, as people who need mail domains to send messages to and from facebook. I do not believe that is setup, nor will it ever be. What I do want is anative Facbook app, and also some IM integration with Facebook chat. If I'm looking at a contact, and that green indicator light is lit; I want to go in see that they are online on Facebook, and be able to chat with them as if I was online. I don't know if that's too complicated to pull off ut worth a shot. Someone may do it. I've seen FB chat in various other clients.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I don't know, seems like it should be possible. If you had an app and all it did was log in to Facebook and monitor your inbox then it should work. Would then just need a notification system and an interface to allow you to read and respond to the messages in your inbox. My biggest problem right now is I have to log on to one of the versions of facebook.com(x, m, or the normal one) but when I read and write messages the font is too small and unwieldy. So an interface more like my regular email would be great. Doesn't have to be an actual email client (like smtp, imap, etc...) just has to look like one
    If you have classic, the PalmOS facebook app does what you need.
    I'd love to go one step further on this one and say that the facebook inbox should be integrated with the rest of your e-mail messages. that would be amazing. Forget a seperate app
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I have a few friends that use Facebook as an email client and only use that to send messages (they don't use email very much)...
    Ummm....you NEED and email address to register with facebook! lolz... seems kinda weird to me that they would check their facebook profile but not their email especially if they have any facebook notifications sent to their email... ugh...maybe I'm just getting old...

Anyway I agree, facebook inbox would be a great feature addon to a facebook client like Friendsflow etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions