Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Which programs install as ipk? Should I delete and reinstall apps with software that does ipk? Filecoaster installed most of my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by warguy View Post
    if i web os doctor my pre is it going to erase all my contacts also??
    That's what the cloud and Palm Backup are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Which programs install as ipk? Should I delete and reinstall apps with software that does ipk? Filecoaster installed most of my apps.
    All apps from the web are ipk as far as I can tell, even the ones from the app catalog. You don't need to uninstall them before an update.
    Just a quick question, I don't if anyone has ran into this problem or not... I just recently updated Preware and the updated version of Package Manager Service. Now when I open Preware the "Available Patches" field is greyed out. I have the virtual keyboard on my Pre and it works just fine, but now I don't know how to remove it for the WebOS 1.2 update coming soon cause the Available Patches field is not accessible anymore and it shows 0 patches available... Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Tell how you do things.

Webos quickinstall?

I think your GNU patch service is not running or something. Try reinstalling it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    What about adding launcher pages, when you remove the tweak the extra launcher pages are still there. Don't think it will matter, but that is the only tweak I am worried about.
    It's fine
    Is the GNU Patch one of the patches that need to be removed before the update?

MustangJoe, I came across the same problem with "Available Patches" being greyed out after the Package Mgr Service/Preware update. I clicked on "Installed Packages" and then clicked "Remove" and then "Ok" when the warning sign came up. That seemed to work fine for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12