1.    #1  
    Is it possible to install Optware from the homebrew terminal app on the Pre via the same code you would use on novaterm?

<<Edited by berd - see quote below for original post>>

and can you do the same with Quilt?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/11/2009 at 03:19 PM.
  2.    #2  
    bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by nol3n View Post
    Is it possible to install Optware from the homebrew terminal app on the Pre via the same code you would use on novaterm?

cd /tmp
    wget hxxp://gitorious.org/webos-internals/bootstrap/blobs/raw/master/optware-bootstrap.sh
    #Alternately you can use this tiny url hxxp://tinyurl.com/n8q2vy
    sh optware-bootstrap.sh
    source /etc/profile.d/optware

<<courtesy bump>>
    Just call me Berd.
    When you access the Linux command line using the Terminal, you are at the very same place as if you accessed the Linux command line using novaterm or ssh.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nol3n View Post

<<Edited by berd - see quote below for original post>>

yes and yes
    My recollection (haven't checked to be sure) is when I installed quilt, it required a significant number of dependencies on other software (including Perl). I also noticed around the same time that I didn't have much space left on my device (Ie: I could not install more app-store apps.) I'm sure Rod can/will correct any mis-statements that I've just made, but if I were you, I'd check your available space before and after installing quilt.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    My recollection (haven't checked to be sure) is when I installed quilt, it required a significant number of dependencies on other software (including Perl). I also noticed around the same time that I didn't have much space left on my device (Ie: I could not install more app-store apps.) I'm sure Rod can/will correct any mis-statements that I've just made, but if I were you, I'd check your available space before and after installing quilt.
    We have quilt-lite now which is much more reasonable.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals