Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Just throwing it out there, I think it would be a pretty sweet addition to the voicemail, messaging, and other notifications that pop up down there. Kind of like a push-Facebook system.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    The homebrew app Friends Flow does that
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I agree about Friends Flow, however I think you have to have the application/card open for it to notify you.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    link facebook account to gmail?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    So is there any way to take that functionality and couple it with the existing notification services for messaging and email?
    Quote Originally Posted by superkyol View Post
    So is there any way to take that functionality and couple it with the existing notification services for messaging and email?
    You already get Facebook notifications on your Pre? If someone posts on your wall, sends you a message, adds you as a friend, etc, it's sent to the Pre. Is your idea different?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You already get Facebook notifications on your Pre? If someone posts on your wall, sends you a message, adds you as a friend, etc, it's sent to the Pre. Is your idea different?
    I don't already get Facebook notifications. I do when I use FriendsFlow, but I want them to appear without any cards being open.
    yeah that would be nice.....good thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    How do I get my Pre to do this.. I can only get email notifications.. is there another way
    I think that is an awesome idea. Nearly a must for as "integrated" the Pre is with facebook.
    We would have to wait for Palm to implement Facebook into the current messaging synergy. A more possible outcome would be a homebrew service that runs in the background (probably grouped with FriendsFlow) to display notifications. I'd prefer a Palm solution, but I've kind've given up on that option and rely on the homebrew community first now.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.