1.    #1  
    I need to restore this file:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.screenlock/app/controllers/securityconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    i think there is a way to do it with the doctor without actually refreshing the whole system. If someone could give me info on how to do it...that would be great.

it would also work if someone was willing to send me the file. if someone is willing, PM me...i definitely need it.
    Extract the WebDoctor, then i believe inside the 'resources' folder, you'll see WebOS.tar. Extract that & it will have the same directory structure as the Pre. You can find the file you need in there.
  3.    #3  
    inside the webos.tar, all i see is a bunch of image files

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    it looks like they buried it down a little further now, i had to use untar a few more files down to get to it...it works now...phew, i was worried
  6.    #6  
    i just have to say...it took me 20 minutes to go from lost to a full on solution thanks to the amazing support at precentral. where else can someone get a response time like that?!

this isnt the first time...thanks to everyone at precentral!
    Sorry about my 'directions', i didnt have the directory in front of me so i kind of had to guess.
    how do i root my pre....i want to add some of these patches...can you help?