Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    We need a Tower Defense game something similar to:

geoDefense for the iPhone.

It is an epic time waster and it passes the time due to the fact that it's a challenging strategy based game. Someone get to it!
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Oil is working on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Oil is working on one.
    One that is practically finished (fully functional,) but I've never been able to balance it so it was fun to play, so I've left it alone in a corner for a little while so it could think about what it was doing.

I'll get back into attempting balance it sooner or later. Too much time went into it to not finish it.

But if anyone (with some programming knowledge) would like to try their hand at balancing it so its actually fun, let me know, I'll send them the source and some directions. (There are two simple files that determine the stats/etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    One that is practically finished (fully functional,) but I've never been able to balance it so it was fun to play, so I've left it alone in a corner for a little while so it could think about what it was doing.

I'll get back into attempting balance it sooner or later. Too much time went into it to not finish it.

But if anyone (with some programming knowledge) would like to try their hand at balancing it so its actually fun, let me know, I'll send them the source and some directions. (There are two simple files that determine the stats/etc.)
    Wish I knew some programming! Hope this does come out eventually sounds like you put a lot of effort into it. I would definitely enjoy an app like this!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    bump
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Heh, funny because while this is a game that has you defending your tower, it's not a "tower defense" game in the sense that that label is now used.
    Just gotta wait a little bit longer to get flash, then you can play all you want!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    bump! Some1 please give oil a hand
    kthanks bye
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    really?! Has anyone seen the tower defense game for iphone? Awesome what hasn't anyoneporter it over? Is it possible? What are we waiting for?
    I've enjoyed Tower Raiders and Robo-Defense on the Android (DROID). I haven't seen the iphone tower defense game. I sure would like one of these on the Pre!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    There is now a tower defense game out called "Virus Defense"... anyone tried it?
    I wrote it, so I'm a little biased.

Best I can do to help is give you the only feedback I've gotten so far today.

"Hooray! A TD game! Nice story concept, easy to play"
    Last edited by vaslin; 03/26/2010 at 03:59 PM.
    I'm enjoying it too! It is a little confusing on how to upgrade a defense but I have figured it out. On misssions that allow upgrading you tap the one you want to upgrade then tap the verion number (e.g., v1.0) and it will change to the next higher version (e.g., v2.0). Level 6 is hard! By the way, I think the developer is soon going to release an update to make tower upgrades easier. Is that right vaslin?
    Very much so. I'm already done and it's all tested.

One of the main problems with upgrade is that level 1-5, we had it shut off while you were in the tutorials. That's now turned on.

If you're on one of the levels where upgrade is disallowed, then a circle with a cross thru it is displayed on the image.

And if you have a tower selected and you can upgrade, the 'v2.0' icon now has a animation to really grab your attention!

I've also just added the ability to send out the next wave immediately and I put a status bar above each of the creeps.

Just double checking waves 11-15 before we release to Palm tonight.
    And oh yea...

Akira71 makes all the levels, but levels 6 & 8 were my evil creations... Muahahahah!!
    Rnp likes this.
    you are evil!

I look forward to update.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'll definitely give the app a download once that update rolls out. I love tower defense games.
    I tried out Virus Defense from the app catalog. I have enjoyed it so far, it runs very smoothly and the controls work very well. Its worth the price Having sound would be nice, but as I understand it that is a limitation of the SDK.
    We'll try putting some system sounds in the game and see if it slows it down too fast.

Glad you liked it!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast