Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I would really love to see an app that is solely for pipe bending for an electrician.
    I would like this app to have all the calculations for bending EMT, and ridgid pipe.
    Calculations such as Deduct, Take Up, Shrink Gain, Stub Length, Multipliers, Offsets, 3 bend saddles, etc, etc.
    Here is a program that I found that might be some help.
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...oad-31210.html

This would be extremely useful for ALL electricians.
    I would be willing to donate for this app.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I agree, would be great. Even adding Ohm's Law calculations and a few code tables (310.16) would be handy. I'm with you on this one!
    Yeah That Sounds Great....
  4.    #4  
    Well, Hopefully we can get 1 of the app developers to make this.
    I would be extremely grateful
    this would be pretty handy in the field
    Totally Sweet, I cast my vote up for this
  7.    #7  
    Any 1 looking into making this app
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    I would really love to see an app that is solely for pipe bending for an electrician.
    I would like this app to have all the calculations for bending EMT, and ridgid pipe.
    Calculations such as Deduct, Take Up, Shrink Gain, Stub Length, Multipliers, Offsets, 3 bend saddles, etc, etc.
    Here is a program that I found that might be some help.
    Master Bender download for Windows Mobile PocketPC / PalmOS - Softpedia

This would be extremely useful for ALL electricians.
    I would be willing to donate for this app.
    I would suggest that if you provided a link to a document containing the formulae for those calculations you might have more chance of getting somebody interested.
  9.    #9  
    I would suggest that if you provided a link to a document containing the formulae for those calculations you might have more chance of getting somebody interested.
    Good Idea.
    Here is a link for 3 bend saddles. Figure 5-49.—Bending a conduit saddle bend.
    Here is a link that contains a lot of info with tables for calculations. http://www.mikeholt.com/documents/fr...ndRaceways.pdf
    Here is a link for ohms law. Ohm's Law

For those who are also interested in this app, please reply with any links you may have found that will be relevant for this app.
    Thanks All.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I agree, would be great. Even adding Ohm's Law calculations and a few code tables (310.16) would be handy. I'm with you on this one!
    hell yeah, im an instrumentation technician student and would love to have a calculator of some sorts that all u had to do was punch in current and resistance and it gives you voltage.....and so on......
    I'll donate!
  12.    #12  
    We seem to have a quite a few people here that could definitely use an app like this.
    Hopefully we will see one in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    Good Idea.
    Here is a link for 3 bend saddles. Figure 5-49.—Bending a conduit saddle bend.
    Here is a link that contains a lot of info with tables for calculations. http://www.mikeholt.com/documents/fr...ndRaceways.pdf
    Here is a link for ohms law. Ohm's Law

For those who are also interested in this app, please reply with any links you may have found that will be relevant for this app.
    Thanks All.
    So, are you wanting an application that basically does the calculations from the "bendingRoundRaceways.pdf" file, where it calculates tubing shrinkage and bender gain? That shouldn't be too hard to code up and make available. If this is what you're after, I can create something when I have some spare time.

Also for the Ohm law calculations, are you wanting something that will take two inputs (P,I,or R) and then calculate the missing variable amount? That also seems very easy to make.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    So, are you wanting an application that basically does the calculations from the "bendingRoundRaceways.pdf" file, where it calculates tubing shrinkage and bender gain? That shouldn't be too hard to code up and make available. If this is what you're after, I can create something when I have some spare time.

Also for the Ohm law calculations, are you wanting something that will take two inputs (P,I,or R) and then calculate the missing variable amount? That also seems very easy to make.
    yea....for ohms law its 2 simple equations... i over e(r) and P over i(e)
    Bingo! That would be the making for a great app. Might even be worth bigger money when making it into the Catalog.
  16.    #16  

Yes for the bending calculations, I would love to have 2 different categories. 1 for EMT, And 1 for ridgid pipe. I would like to see it calculate shrinkages, stub lengths, 3 bend and 4 bend saddles, etc.
    As far as ohms law, everything listed in the ohms law pie chart would be great.
    Entering in the missing link.
    Ex: If I have I and R and want to know P.
    If I = 12 and R= 100, than 12(squared) x 100 = 14,400.
    All The Inputs in Ohms Law Are: I, E,P,R.
    As seen here. http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslaw.asp

This would be the most useful APP in my phone.
    Ok, I spend most of this morning working on the Ohm's Law Calculator. I think it looks pretty good, and works fine. I've included different units for the variables (e.g., milliVolts, Volts, megaVolts, etc.) which I need to thoroughly test before making it available.

If you want a copy to test on your Pre, send me a Private message with your email address and I'll shoot you the install file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Awesome job Cohoman, Thanks for getting this rolling so quickly.
  19.    #19  
    Looks Fantastic So Far.
    Keep up the good.
    This Will be a MUST HAVE app for ALL electricians.

PM Sent.
  20.    #20  
    Just wanna keep this thread alive.
    *BUMP*
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast