Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    The updated version works great so far.
    The only issue I see as of now is that the orange button needs to be hit to type #'s.
    Would be great if the # cursor was already present before hand.

Any future plans of expanding this app?
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    Here is a link for 3 bend saddles. Figure 5-49.—Bending a conduit saddle bend.
    The attached webpage & javascript seems to do the 45 degree 3 bend saddles okay. Just rename to make the type .html, and run in your desktop browser to try it out. Should be able to just slot the code into the application and pretty it up a bit. I'd be interested to know if the maths holds up in practice. ie What happens re. compression and stretching in the bending process.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 11/17/2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: change file type reference
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    im taking a/c and dc electronics classes right now for my instrumentation degree. and the ohms law calc is beast because we're getting tested on this stuff right now. sucks that i had to webdoctor my phone and tom. i get a NEW refurb phone through sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    The updated version works great so far.
    The only issue I see as of now is that the orange button needs to be hit to type #'s.
    Would be great if the # cursor was already present before hand.

Any future plans of expanding this app?
    Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of capturing the key you are pressing and replacing a specific letter with a number when entering data in a text field. The Webkit routines are a little lacking in this area compared to IE and FireFox. The best I can do now is prevent the user from entering anything but numbers and a decimal point. When I have time I'll look again for a possible solution.

Yes, I do plan to add to this app with other features and capabilities.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way of capturing the key you are pressing and replacing a specific letter with a number when entering data in a text field. The Webkit routines are a little lacking in this area compared to IE and FireFox. The best I can do now is prevent the user from entering anything but numbers and a decimal point. When I have time I'll look again for a possible solution.

Yes, I do plan to add to this app with other features and capabilities.
    The author of the Homebrew - Scientific RPN Calculator has apparently solved this problem. http://discussion.treocentral.com/1803988-post92.html. At least I think that it is the problem that you are referring to.
  6.    #46  
    BUMP.

Just wanted to keep this thread alive and hopefully expanding the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    The author of the Homebrew - Scientific RPN Calculator has apparently solved this problem. http://discussion.treocentral.com/1803988-post92.html. At least I think that it is the problem that you are referring to.
    Thanks for that tip. That particular program isn't dealing with input boxes for text, so it works a bit different than the Ohm's Law Calculator. The developer is probably catching the "keyDown" event so he knows which key is being pressed and can update his custom display appropriately with a number (which is added to the end of his number string). For an input box it's a little different, since the user can place the cursor caret anywhere in the number string for number insertion. That's my biggest problem: finding out how to insert a number at the cursor caret location.

The Webkit server that WebOS uses has limited provisions for finding out such information (cursor position). IE and Mozilla can do it, but Webkit doesn't seem to have that feature. I'll keep looking around for a solution, as I can certainly use it for other future applications.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    see modifierState on:
    Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Widget

That's how you tell it to turn the numlock on.
    I.B.E.W 43, Syracuse, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by grepper View Post
    see modifierState on:
    Palm Mojo Framework - Mojo.Widget

That's how you tell it to turn the numlock on.
    That option is for the Mojo Textfield widget, and only allows numbers to be entered in the field. I don't think it will cause a number to be entered if the user taps on the keyboard button that shares that letter.

In any case, I think I've got a workaround that will do the job. Let code it up and I'll let everyone know how well it works.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    Thanks for that tip. That particular program isn't dealing with input boxes for text, so it works a bit different than the Ohm's Law Calculator. The developer is probably catching the "keyDown" event so he knows which key is being pressed and can update his custom display appropriately with a number (which is added to the end of his number string). For an input box it's a little different, since the user can place the cursor caret anywhere in the number string for number insertion. That's my biggest problem: finding out how to insert a number at the cursor caret location.

The Webkit server that WebOS uses has limited provisions for finding out such information (cursor position). IE and Mozilla can do it, but Webkit doesn't seem to have that feature. I'll keep looking around for a solution, as I can certainly use it for other future applications.
    I think I got something working where you can only enter numbers and a decimal point into the input boxes. You can also click the keys such as "f" which will enter a "5", "d" for "4", etc. so you don't need to click the orange button key. The problem is, whenever you enter a number the insertion cursor automatically moves to the right end of the number string. What it should do is stay where it is and just move down one spot.

So, I'm still searching for a way to keep the insertion cursor from jumping to the end. When I get that figured out, I'll post a new update.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  12.    #52  
    So far so good.
    The app is eactly what I was looking for.
    You should submit this app to the homebrew gallery.
    Thanks for the great work on this one.
    What are your futire plans with this app???

Thanks again.
    I was thinking of expanding it to add more features. Some of you have sent me some links, spreadsheets, and pdf files which I need to sort through.

I'm currently trying to finish up my eWallet program to get it on the Palm App Store, so once I do that I'll try to add more features to the "Electrician's Assistant" app.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    any progress cohoman? TIA
    How about AMP capacities on copper and aluminum, conductors in a raceway and voltage drop in a run.
    Any new news on the future of this app?
    anyone know if this is still alive??
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    cohoman are you still here
    I've been busy writing my own WebOS apps. When I have time, I'll try to add to this "Electrician's Helper" app. Just keep sending me info on what you want to see and I'll try to get it in the next revision of the app.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    I feel like I'm a little late to the party, but I gotta ask: where can I download this app?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast