Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I would also interested in this. Kind of like an Ugly's book that does calculations. Voltage drops, pvc expansion, load calculations... The list could go on & on. I would pay big money for something like that.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    Just wanna keep this thread alive.
    *BUMP*
    Me also...can I also have the link for app download????
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Hey Aaron if you can send me a site that has the calculations or a web based one i can get this made.
    Is Ugly's online available?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    keep this thread aliveeeee
    I think having this app would be awesome! Conduit fill, fractions to decimals, multiplyers for different angles, a 135 black red blue chart ( hey what can I say i'm lazy)... Hmmm what else???
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    might want to put in 3 phase 1.72 factor in the calculations.....anyone else?
    I've got a first cut beta version of the Ohm's Law Calculator available. Just send me a private message with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Also, I can help create some of the other requested electrician's apps, but since I'm not an electrician I don't know what's important and what's not. If you can tell me exactly what you want, how the input boxes are laid out, etc. I can try to put something together.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Great idea!
    One suggestion, as it appears that there are going to be several sections, (with multiple developers?) perhaps they can all be acessed from a single app (like Where?) so it can be rolled into a single app like "Electrician's Bible".
    Having 3 or 4 smaller apps would be a pain.
    Check out lectricalc at arkansoft.com for ideas. Their app for palmos works on motionapps classic. Box fill, conduit fill & voltage drop are must haves for me. I'll donate $25 for a webos app that has these features in webos.
  11.    #31  
    Wow, All Great responses and ideas here.
    Keep all these ideas coming.
    I will test out the APP soon and post back any feedback/bugs that I come acroos.

Thanks for the app and your time.
  12.    #32  
    A few things I have noticed that should be addressed are:
    -When You click in any field to enter a text, there is no blinking cursor that tells you that you are actually ready to enter in a #.
    Also it would be a great idea to have it so when a # is entered you can just start typing that # instead of having to hit the option key twice to able to type #'s.

Other than that, it is a great app.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronB1979 View Post
    A few things I have noticed that should be addressed are:
    -When You click in any field to enter a text, there is no blinking cursor that tells you that you are actually ready to enter in a #.
    Also it would be a great idea to have it so when a # is entered you can just start typing that # instead of having to hit the option key twice to able to type #'s.

Other than that, it is a great app.
    There are some quirks with the Input box element on WebOS which doesn't show the cursor caret when I right-justify the text in the box. If I left justify or center justify, you do see the cursor. I'll need to keep investigating this issue and try to fix it.

The # key suggestion is a good one, and I'll see what I can do with the next revision.

I'd certainly like to expand "Ohm's Law Calculator" to something like, "Electrician's Helper" and add more capability, but I'm not sure what to add and what's really important. If you can tell me specifically what you want to see added and where I can get the equations, formulas, etc. I'll see what I can do.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
  14.    #34  
    I would definitely love to see bending calculations implemented into this app.
    Calculations for EMT, and Ridgid conduit.
    Items such as deduct, Gain, Shrink, Stub Length, 3 and 4 bend saddles, etc.
    One of my previous posts has numerous links for tables that have calculations, etc.
    In addition, I would love to see all converter/calculation apps function without network access.
    Who here is in the IBEW?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

17.    #37  
    Who here is in the IBEW?
    I am in the IBEW.
    Milwaukee Local 494.
    local 86 Rochester NY
    Local 134 Chicago
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Local 569, Service Tech. I would love an OHM's law app for the pre. Way cool.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast