Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Beta is now closed, thanks for all of the interest!

OK, so here is the deal. I have been hard at work on a new app for tracking fuel mileage. It's somewhere between alpha and beta. Please read this entire post first before asking to be a beta tester.

Basically, I am looking for 20 to 30 people to test out the app. If you are interested, I want you to post your answers to the following questions:

1. On Average, how many miles do you drive a week?
    2. How many vehicles would you be interested in tracking with my app?
    3. If you have developed any WebOS apps, please list the names.

Some Terms and Expectations
    • I would like to receive feedback from each tester at least once, the more often, the better.
    • This is BETA software. There is a possibility of losing the database of fillups at any time. Although this has never happened to me during testing, (the database has persisted perfectly through upgrades), it IS possible
    • I am looking for feedback on bugs, usability, functionality, and how intuitive the app is
    • The App will expire after 4 weeks. I will likely be sending out frequent updates though, and would like to submit full FREE versions to my top testers.
    • By Accepting as a beta tester, you agree not to Reverse Engineer, Decompile, or Distribute without my expressed permission. I am keeping this within a small group on purpose.

How this will Work
    • after I have a sufficient number of applicants, I will pick between 20-30 (this doesn't mean the first 20-30 people will be chosen...I need a diverse group, so keep applying!)
    • I will PM the selected applicants and ask for your email addresses. Updates will be sent in a Listserv styled update (your email address will not be shared with the other testers)
    • You can opt out of receiving the emails, updates at any time. Just email me and let me know you no longer wish to test.
    • I will do my best to make it so you can transfer your test database to the official app when it hits the official catalog, but I CAN'T promise that at this point, since the app may change drastically (visually and functionally) by that point
    Last edited by adma84; 09/07/2009 at 07:46 AM.
    1. 150-200
    2. 1 vehicle
    3. No
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    over 350
    2 (1 daily driver 1 weekend car)
    none
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    1.200-300
    2.1 Car
    3.None
    I am interested in being a beta tester for your app.

I drive 2 vehicles

1) 2003 (13,000mi) Ninja Motorcycle ( primary commute ) 12miles

2) 2003 (60,000mi) BMW 325i ( all around driving ) miles vary (drastically)

LA Area

I am not a developer
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    1. - 250 - 300 miles a week
    2. - 1 car
    3. - no
  7. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    1. 400-600/week
    2. 1 car
    3. nope
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    1. 300-400 miles a week
    2. 1
    3. no
    houston area
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    1 600 miles a week
    2 1 car
    3 no
    1. 70-140 miles a week
    2. 2 vehicals
    3. No
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    need more testers, anyone else?
    300+ miles a week
    3 vehicles
    1 motorcycle
    no
    On Average, how many miles do you drive a week?
    Anywhere from 50-150. I do a long distance drive (140 miles each way) Twice a month. So my driving varies a lot between city and highway driving

How many vehicles would you be interested in tracking with my app?
    I have an audi A4 however my family keeps track of milage per tank on all of our cars so potentially 3 depending on how easy it is to input the data.

If you have developed any WebOS apps, please list the names.
    No, unfortunately I am not a developer
    300mi
    3 vehicles
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    OK, so here is the deal. I have been hard at work on a new app for tracking fuel mileage. It's somewhere between alpha and beta. Please read this entire post first before asking to be a beta tester.

Basically, I am looking for 20 to 30 people to test out the app. If you are interested, I want you to post your answers to the following questions:

Some Terms and Expectations
    • I would like to receive feedback from each tester at least once, the more often, the better.
    • This is BETA software. There is a possibility of losing the database of fillups at any time. Although this has never happened to me during testing, (the database has persisted perfectly through upgrades), it IS possible
    • I am looking for feedback on bugs, usability, functionality, and how intuitive the app is
    • The App will expire after 4 weeks. I will likely be sending out frequent updates though, and would like to submit full FREE versions to my top testers.
    • By Accepting as a beta tester, you agree not to Reverse Engineer, Decompile, or Distribute without my expressed permission. I am keeping this within a small group on purpose.

How this will Work
    • after I have a sufficient number of applicants, I will pick between 20-30 (this doesn't mean the first 20-30 people will be chosen...I need a diverse group, so keep applying!)
    • I will PM the selected applicants and ask for your email addresses. Updates will be sent in a Listserv styled update (your email address will not be shared with the other testers)
    • You can opt out of receiving the emails, updates at any time. Just email me and let me know you no longer wish to test.
    • I will do my best to make it so you can transfer your test database to the official app when it hits the official catalog, but I CAN'T promise that at this point, since the app may change drastically (visually and functionally) by that point
    200 miles per week
    3-4 vehicals.......already doing mileage on current homebrew app. my truck my bike my uncles bike and another car if needed
    not a developer.
    300-400 miles a week

one

Beta tested in past not a developer

Fred
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    about 350 Miles
    3 cars
    I have not developed for WebOS but I am a software developer and I have beta tested many PalmOS apps as well as many Unix and web apps.

Will this app be able to import current mileage data? I have many years of vehicle records from a PalmOS program that I can likely manipulate into any format for import.
    1.) Depends. I alternate between weeks. Every other week is approx 150 miles of city driving, and the opposite weeks are about 700+ miles of expressway driving.

2.) One vehicle.

3.) Sadly, I'm not a developer, so no apps. (Thank you to all those who do!)
    1) 200~300 mi
    2) 1 car
    3) No
    1) 500-600 ( i drive 43 miles EACH way to get to work)
    2) Mainily just my 07' pontiac g6 but will try my girls car also
    3)no
    SCK Manager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast