1.    #1  
    Has anyone discovered a way to change connections based on what app is running? The only thing I can think is a cron job to monitor for certain processes to kill one connection and make sure another is started, but that seems pretty dirty and unpleasant.

The main reason I'm looking for this is that at work, certain pages are blocked on the local network (facebook, twitter, etc). I can see them on evdo of course, but obviously wifi is faster, so I leave it on usually. However, I'd like to specify, for instance, that Tweed connects via EVDO even if I'm connected via WiFi. Any thoughts?

Obviously the simple answer is that EVDO is pretty fast, and there's no real reason to leave WiFi on at work, but either way having to disable/enable a certain connection when I'm at different locations is annoying.
  2.    #2  
    OK, here's what I've done, if anyone's interested.

I created 2 new scripts, wifi-on and wifi-off, in /scripts (which I also created).

wifi-off (got help here Patch webOS Roam Control - WebOS Internals) - checks to see if I'm connected to my workplace wifi, and if so, shut the wifi off:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    MYSSID="put-your-ssid-here"
    SSID=$( /sbin/iwconfig eth0 | grep  ESSID | awk -F 'ESSID:"' '{print $2}' | awk -F '"' '{print $1}' )

if [ "$SSID" == "$MYSSID"  ];
    then                              
    /sbin/ifconfig eth0 down
    fi
    wifi-on - turn wifi back on
    Code:
    /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
    I had cron installed already and created 2 entries to run my new scripts. The first item checks at 9 am on weekdays if I'm at work and, if so, shuts wifi off. The second turns wifi back on at 5:30pm.

Code:
    0 9 * * 1-5 bash /scripts/wifi-off
    30 5 * * 1-5 bash /scripts/wifi-on