Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello,

Anyone out there know of or is developing something like a netstumbler/kismet/inssider app for the pre? I would love to be able to scan for networks and get basic information on all wifi devices it can see. Save me from dragging out my laptop for troubleshooting.

Thank you
    The limiting factor seems to be the access and drivers to the WiFi radio, in previous discussions. It would be fun though.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    yeah would be very handy, as it is I've found that my wife's iphone is much more useful to me at work (wifi troubleshooting, ID, remote desktop, etc...) so i may just bite the bullet and go that route.
    The Pre uses the exact same wifi chipset as the iPhone. It's a Marvell chip.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Right, so hopefully we start seeing some of these wardriving apps on the pre soon
    The card won't have to go into monitor mode for simple detection of signals, that's only if you're trying to capture packets on em :P The SDK really needs some of the proprietary pieces Palm is holding out on in order to make this happen. Piping the findings of this program into bookmarks on google maps doesn't seem too difficult, and I'd love to see that functionality if/when this does come out.