1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I restored my phone (messed something up ) and i was trying to install a few patches (on screen keyboard, landscape email, etc) and everything worked except for the landscape email.

I've never had a problem installing the landscape email patch, but this time i got this:

Code:
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $53$.
    $Hunk$ #$2$ $succeeded$ $at$ $109$ ($offset$ $1$ $line$).
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $186$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $37$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Patch$ /$opt$/$src$/$patches$/$enable$-$landscape$-$email$.$patch$ $does$ $not$ $apply$ ($enforce$ $with$ -$f$)
    Anyone know why this is happening? Did the file (online) get messed up during an update or something? I don't know why this would be happening unless the file was messed up since i just did a "quilt push -a" and the other patches went through fine. Once again, thanks for the help guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    Hey guys, I restored my phone (messed something up ) and i was trying to install a few patches (on screen keyboard, landscape email, etc) and everything worked except for the landscape email.

I've never had a problem installing the landscape email patch, but this time i got this:

Code:
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-landscape-email.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/accounts-assistant.jsjsjs
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $53$.
    $Hunk$ #$2$ $succeeded$ $at$ $109$ ($offset$ $1$ $line$).
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $2$ $hunks$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$accounts$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $186$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$compose$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $37$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$email$/$app$/$controllers$/$list$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Patch$ /$opt$/$src$/$patches$/$enable$-$landscape$-$email$.$patch$ $does$ $not$ $apply$ ($enforce$ $with$ -$f$)
    Anyone know why this is happening? Did the file (online) get messed up during an update or something? I don't know why this would be happening unless the file was messed up since i just did a "quilt push -a" and the other patches went through fine. Once again, thanks for the help guys!
    I finally gave up on this, Do you have any other mods done to your messaging app? If so try removing them and do the landscape app first then reapply your other mods 1 at a time to see which one is interfering.
    You running webos 1.1?

I know how it ruins organization to manually edit a file, but I believe the landscape email is not tooo difficult. IIRC.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 09/04/2009 at 05:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    You running webos 1.1?

I know how it ruins organization to manually edit a file, but I believe the landscape email is not tooo difficult. IIRC.
    I believe everybody is at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I believe everybody is at this point.
    I've heard of people using the doctor and then being at an earlier version, which is why I asked.