Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for all of your input. It looks like LaunchPad will become LaunchPoint. It was really my first choice all along, but I just wasn't sure if I could use the name, but it looks like it's going to work out.

The only question now is whether to keep the rocket icon, or come up with something new. Again, input and suggestions are welcome.

The next update should be under the LaunchPoint name, and with a new version number. At that point you may need to delete LaunchPad manually, as the new version will not technically be considered an update.

LaunchPad version 1.1.2 is the current version. I would welcome feedback on the interface. It's improving, imho, but it's not where I want it yet. You can discuss it on the forum here.
    Last edited by worthb; 09/04/2009 at 12:39 PM.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    not sure about price but jumpstart may be a good name oh fast track sounds good too lol
    I havn't been following too closely, but for me the price would go way up if you are able to make the program group links work. I know you said at one point you were going to work on it, but I havn't heard if that is still in the works, or even possible?
    If it is possible I would think that would be your biggest marketing push and maybe the name should reflect that???
    Good luck either way
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    genEric122,
    I'm still tossing around a couple of ideas about how to handle program groups. The trick to doing it right is keeping it in sync when you add/remove programs. I'm working on an "enhanced launchpoint" concept right now that may fit in nicely for this as well as other functions. (group texting, etc)
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    not sure about price but jumpstart may be a good name oh fast track sounds good too lol
    Hmm - JumpStart. Maybe with an icon with jumper cables on a battery and lots of sparks? I'll have to give that some thought.

Thanks for the input.
    What does this app actually accomplish? Well it lets the user get a task done, such as email, text, or call, with just a single step.

So why not call it

OneStep
    SingleStep
    OneTap
    SingleTap

or something along those lines

I am still really loving this little VERY USEFUL app, Its probably the ONLY one of all my Homebrews I actually use EVER single day.

Thanks again for making this available!

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    It's too bad "Bing" is already taken by Microsoft. I could get the Palm lady to do a commercial and at the end, single tap a launchpoint to speed dial somebody, and just say "Bing".

I also thought about "Sp". It started out as "SpeedDialer" but that was just way too long
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    genEric122,
    I'm still tossing around a couple of ideas about how to handle program groups. The trick to doing it right is keeping it in sync when you add/remove programs. I'm working on an "enhanced launchpoint" concept right now that may fit in nicely for this as well as other functions. (group texting, etc)
    The first day you put up this app I thought it for some reason was the closest thing to grouping apps with links... But now I think you have this app almost perfect and you would probably make more sence to make 2 different apps so it's easier to target the people that would want one but not the other, or get 2 sales from one person
    Oh and a couple names: Go!, Connect, or theappthatletsyouhaveshortcutsforeverythingatyourfingertips!
    Here are a few more suggestions

LaunchPoint
    Tap2Launch
    TapNLaunch
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Thank you for all of the suggestions so far. I am still tossing them around.

What do you think about the tagline I've been using:
    "LaunchPad - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period."

Obviously it would change to include the new name, but other than that, should I keep using it? Do you like it? Do you feel it's an accurate statement? Is it too "pushy" or arrogant?
    Go ahead and brag, the apps rocks.

"SuperLaunch"
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Should I take my company name, worthwhileTech, and make it wtLaunchPad? If I do that, should I keep the cheesy rocket logo or do something new?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Thank you very much for all of your input. It looks like LaunchPad will become LaunchPoint. It was really my first choice all along, but I just wasn't sure if I could use the name, but it looks like it's going to work out.

The only question now is whether to keep the rocket icon, or come up with something new. Again, input and suggestions are welcome.

The next update should be under the LaunchPoint name, and with a new version number. At that point you may need to delete LaunchPad manually, as the new version will not technically be considered an update.

LaunchPad version 1.1.2 is the current version. I would welcome feedback on the interface. It's improving, imho, but it's not where I want it yet. You can discuss it on the forum here.