1.    #1  
    The tweaks in WebOSquickinstall are great, so I thought I'd put a little list together with my own and user ideas. Post whatever you want and I'll try to keep the thread updated.

Messaging
    -Pulsing LED when text is received
    -Multiple cards for each new conversation
    -Character counter
    -Jumping words (easy select)

Launcher
    -Reset scroll on page changes in launcher

Camera
    -Camera shutter on/off button
    -Use volume switch to take picture

Dialer
    -Turn off dialer beeping

Other
    -Autocorrect
    -Music player ignoring "A" "The" and "An" for artist names
    -More apps possible
    -Not really a tweak, but a way to rearrange your apps in WebOSquickinstall in a quick fashion
    yup...

I want all of those...
    yeah I really want the LED light for messaging.

The turn off dialer beeping one is already there and I love it.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    State caller id which shows the state of the phone number calling you (only shows numbers not in your contact list). http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moe300 View Post
    State caller id which shows the state of the phone number calling you (only shows numbers not in your contact list). http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...calls-log.html
    +1 for this
    Patch webOS Turning Off Dialpad Noise - WebOS Internals

you can do this now ,you can set it to give heptic feedback or whatever or virbrate its already a tweak in webos quickinstaller lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i would have to go with changing the carrier text.
    i sent this to the webos quick install guy but he ignored me so, ill give it a go here.

*can we get haptic feedback like on the dialer, on every single tap maybe just a little shorter if possible i have a hard time telling if i press anything with this phone.

*also any possible way of a tone when we screen tap or use the keyboard? like the older palm phones had that cool beep sound?

*now that we have so many pages to play with instead of just using them for icons, widgets can be made for them like weather etc....

*like the default calender app that displays the date, can we do that with the weather just the current temp? and text and emails?
    Last edited by stevo101; 09/07/2009 at 05:41 PM.
    1. LED notification
    2. Haptic feedback
    3. Camera patches (shutter sound on/off and timer)
    4. Email confirm delete (similar to how it works in the messaging app)
    Last edited by emeraldayotte; 09/07/2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Forgot the email delete confirmation
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    The tweaks in WebOSquickinstall are great, so I thought I'd put a little list together with my own and user ideas. Post whatever you want and I'll try to keep the thread updated.

Messaging
    -Pulsing LED when text is received
    -Multiple cards for each new conversation
    -Character counter
    -Jumping words (easy select)

Launcher
    -Reset scroll on page changes in launcher

Camera
    -Camera shutter on/off button
    -Use volume switch to take picture

Dialer
    -Turn off dialer beeping

Other
    -Autocorrect
    -Music player ignoring "A" "The" and "An" for artist names
    -More apps possible
    -Not really a tweak, but a way to rearrange your apps in WebOSquickinstall in a quick fashion
    How about more than 4 apps [and the launcher] on the "home screen"?

And how about the ability to see the time AND data on the top top bar of the screen?
    Last edited by Mattykinsx; 09/07/2009 at 11:44 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo101 View Post
    *now that we have so many pages to play with instead of just using them for icons, widgets can be made for them like weather etc....
    This is brilliant. Incase it needs clarification, he means that a specific launcher page could in fact only be one app, but have it running all the time (aka widget). Might not sound cool like that, but heres an example.

Your left most page is games, next is stock, next is settings, and last is useless junk you never need. Throw in a page between settings and useless junk of the weather so every time you swipe to the right of settings it shoes the weather. Swipe another time, you have junk.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Brilliant!!!!
  13. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Now if everyone on this forum could learn to spell!
    I have yet to see anyone mention this but how about having the launcher have a landscape mode? Just have each icon rotate 90 degrees but remain in their same spot. If you go into the camera app, if you rotate the phone to landscape mode and back, you'll notice the three icons (flash, take picture, photos) all rotate bur stay in place. I dunno, I think it would be nice.