Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Last I saw was that Templarian had moved on to Windows Phone 7 development so I do not think an update will be coming. I use WebStorm from Jetbrains. I like it quite a bit.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    This has been a solid plugin for me.. until today. On my 64bit machine, I upgraded the webos sdk to a beta and suddenly my buttons to package the app and send it to the emulate etc have stopped working. I just get an error "Package could not be completed".

Been searching for 2 hours now for a resolution and haven't found a way around it yet. For you people who had this issue and resolved it, what did you do?
    If your looking to get back to an earlier version of Komodo Edit so that you can use the webOS plugin, Active State has the installers listed here.

After updating to version 6, I too ran into issues. Now that I was able to find 5.x and rev back, all is right again!

I hope Templarian is still part of the webOS community and will update this plugin for 2.0 when the SDK is out for the masses. I'd be willing to donate for that as I am sure others would too!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #84  
    Komodo - WebOS Internals

Thanks for those that support the add-on, but for the last few weeks it has been open sourced. Contact me through IRC if you need contribute access. I've also given a few users admin rights on the project that can also add contributors.

Hopefully someone finds the time and updates it.

Also just because I've moved to WP7 development doesn't mean I have plans of leaving the IRC so feel free to ask questions if you need help with the source.

Please donate to webOS Internals (leave a comment that it is for the Komodo Add-on). I think this would be best for the community.
    Last edited by Templarian; 11/23/2010 at 11:56 AM.
    Hopefully this is not the wrong place to ask, but can you package an existing app for Komodo Edit and the webOS plugin? I want to look at the sample app in the SDK. So far I only see the option for new project.
    Yes, you can. I've actually started doing this myself. (Previously, I had been using Notepad++ and while I still do, using Komodo does make it much easier to add scenes and open the entire project code at once.)

What you have to do is create a new project. Close out of Komodo. Then, copy your existing code files and folders into the \src directory. Then, you can simply double-click the .kpf file to open the project. Fortunately, the .kpf file doesn't really modify anything in the \src directory, so you can still use another editor for individual files.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNeff View Post
    Yes, you can. I've actually started doing this myself. (Previously, I had been using Notepad++ and while I still do, using Komodo does make it much easier to add scenes and open the entire project code at once.)

What you have to do is create a new project. Close out of Komodo. Then, copy your existing code files and folders into the \src directory. Then, you can simply double-click the .kpf file to open the project. Fortunately, the .kpf file doesn't really modify anything in the \src directory, so you can still use another editor for individual files.
    Awesome! That makes perfect sense. Thx!
    I really like this plugin, but there's one really annoying bug.
    (Note that I'm using Komodo Edit 6.1 on Ubuntu.)
    Everytime I start Komodo I get this message, although there's definitely a webOS project opened:

The plugin starts working when I close the webOS project.

I really tried for hours changing the source code of the plugin to make it work - but without success.
    Any ideas how to go around this bug?

Too bad that this plugin is not supported by the dev anymore...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Has there been anyupdates to this plug in for komodo edit

I am working on 64 bit machine and the plugin does not seem to work

I have Komodo Edit version 6.1.3
    Have you tried this advice?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Ah thanks, I had tried it without sucess but now tried it again and it does seem to work, so not sure what I was doing wrong earlier

Does the "Add scene" button work ? It seems to accept the file name but doesnt seeme to create the file ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gderoiste View Post
    Does the "Add scene" button work ? It seems to accept the file name but doesnt seeme to create the file ?
    First you have to create a new webOS project, have you done that?

edit: Works for me. I use the very left icon, enter a scene name, e. g. "Accounts" (no file name!), and then press the button beside the text field.
    yes it is a newproject(or a project that I use to edit using notepad++ and then converted it to Komodo...
    something is a miss somewhere.
    I'll start again with it

thanks again
    Last edited by gderoiste; 10/06/2011 at 03:51 AM.
    The Website that is linked on the webos internals wiki is dead. Is there any way to get the code intelligence file?
    Quote Originally Posted by k4llle View Post
    The Website that is linked on the webos internals wiki is dead. Is there any way to get the code intelligence file?
    I updated the links in this wiki page and reuploaded the code completion file.
    If it should ever be deleted, I've attached it here as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345