Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    In older versions of Internet Explorer since xpi is just a zip archive it likes to rename and save it as a zip. Don't worry the problem was solved, took a second for me to realize what he was saying though.

(solved through email that is)
  2.    #62  
    Good News Everyone WebOS Development Blog

It's not really good news just some news, but I figure those of you use to Komodo will like some of the stuff being reworked along side this huge update.
  3.    #63  
    Some more news for today, and this time not the middle of the night.

Oh The Joy WebOS Development Blog

Misleading blog titles is fun :P Pretty picture included with hints at more macro tools.
  4.    #64  
    Information that only 1% of developers need to know. Macro support is expanding with the next upgrade.

Read more below:
    Komodo Macros WebOS Development Blog

Sorry to keep you guys waiting even longer, hopefully I'll have a stable version ready for download soon.
  5.    #65  
    This time it's for real.

This Time Its Real (Update 0.4.2b3) WebOS Development Blog

The update server does not function at the moment so manual install is required!

Happy Developing
    I am on a Mac using Komodo Edit 5.2.4, build 4343. When I drag and drop the xpi file into Komodo Edit, it asks me if I want to install and if I trust the author, I continue and then get the following error message:

Code:
    ErrorKomodo Edit could not install the file at 

file:///Users/scott/Desktop/webos-0.4.2b3-ko.xpi

because: Install script not found
    Any idea why this is happening?
    I was finally able to get it to install correctly by downloading the file in Safari, I was trying to download it in Firefox before.
  8.    #68  
    Yea no idea... sorry for the inconvenience, but happy you got it to work.

I tested in firefox and installed so maybe it was just a bad download.

I'm busy developing for WP7 now, but I'll try and find time and keep this working.
    When i try to create a new scene it says that it can not be completed.
    also when i create a new project it says error 1. any help?

Nvm reinstalling the SDK did the trick.
    Last edited by BronTron; 03/29/2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BronTron View Post
    When i try to create a new scene it says that it can not be completed.
    also when i create a new project it says error 1. any help?

Nvm reinstalling the SDK did the trick.
    I just installed Komodo and the Add-on for the first time. I can't start a new project because I get the same error. It makes the src file, and generates the appinfo.json, but doesn't get past that saying:
    Code:
    Error: 1, generating new_app in C:"FilePath"\src
    I tried reinstalling the SDK, no dice.

*Update*

NVM. I'm excessively ignorant. Reinstalling the SDK and then restarting Komodo worked... >.>
    Last edited by SirataXero; 04/24/2010 at 12:29 AM.
  11.    #71  
    Sometimes it updates the "PATH" variable in Komodo and sometimes it doesn't. I've yet to find a reason why it's so random. Glad you got it to work.

I'll submit it as a bug to Activestate and let them look into it.
    I am getting an error when trying to deploy a new app to the emulator or physical device.

[JavaScript Application]
    Error: Failed to parse appinfo.json

It seems that the is the Copyright line is what is causing the error.

Anyone else having this issue? Or is this a known issue?

Thanks!

EDIT: Well some apps the works under and others it don't.
    Have not found what is causing this one particular app to choke on deployment.

EDIT 2: Had to delete the ipkgs in the bin/debug folder, then it allowed it to be deployed.
    Resolved. Wasn't the or anything else that I can tell now at this point.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 06/30/2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added info. Resolved
    Are you sure that you appinfo.json file is correctly formatted? palm-package is very picky about it. You might want to start a separate thread about this and post your appinfo there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Are you sure that you appinfo.json file is correctly formatted? palm-package is very picky about it. You might want to start a separate thread about this and post your appinfo there.
    Well I am not using palm-package per say, rather I am using the pre-configured buttons from the webOS plugin for Komodo Edit to push apps to the device/emulator.

I was able to make it work correctly by removing the copies of the ipkg files in the bin/debug folder (created by Komodo Edit).

Thanks.
    it messes with your User Environment variables, which broke the Install to Emulator, etc. buttons in Komodo for me.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I am trying to get this setup on OSX

I am new to the whole process.

I installed Komodo edit, the downloaded the file and renames the zip file to xpi, when I drop it on the komodo window i get the pop up to install now and then annoyingly I get an error prompt on the leftmost part of the ecreen where I can only see part of the error message and the ok button, i selected all of the text and the error looks like this

ErrorKomodo Edit could not install the file at

file:///Users/xyz/Downloads/webos-0.4.2b3-ko.xpi

because: Install script not found

What am i missing?

Any help whats so ever is greately appreciated, thanks.

Dont know if it helps but the downloaded file does have a install.rdf file
    Im currently using Eclipse and really badly wanted auto complete or intellisense like function and tried to follow the install for this, but am having some trouble.

I downloaded Komodo Edit 6 and the WebOS add on and installed both fine. After opening Komodo I can create a new project, but it never seems to recognize I have a project open. I can not choose "add scene" or any of the buttons on the toolbar except create new project?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I found the problem. It appears the plugin doesnt work with Komodo Edit 6.0 for me. I installed the old 5.2 version and so far it appears to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones2026 View Post
    I found the problem. It appears the plugin doesnt work with Komodo Edit 6.0 for me. I installed the old 5.2 version and so far it appears to be working.
    Will there be an addon for version 6?
    any word on update?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast