Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Hi, Komodo'ers...

    Do you use any source code tree in Komodo Edit? I'm accustomed to use code trees, and need one.

    BTW, Komodo is great!!! I love it!!!
    There is one Komodo Extensions | ActiveState Community Site It's on their site. I forget where.

    The IDE comes with it, Komodo Edit users have to install an extension.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Templarian,

    I've been trying out your Komodo solution for the last few days and so far I like it. There are few things that take some getting used to, but those are to be expected. If I decide to keep using it, I'd like to drop you a donation.
    Dontation buttons are on my site in a few spots. Komodo page has one, and the contact page also.

    Thanks.
  2.    #22  
    0.4.1a4 adds the ToDo panel (it's a temporary parser, it was mainly released to fix a bug).

    Hopefully that helps those of you working in groups on these applications to quickly find each others comments.

    TODO, FIXME, FIX, BUG, XXX all have icons. The rest show up as information.

    Sort functions for this stuff and a better tree view will come later.
  3. #23  
    I've heard great things about this program and I have downloaded komodo but I can't seem to download the addons and the code completion from the site. (templarian.com/komodo)

    Is it me? Is there another link where I could download this? Let me know please.

    Thanks in advance.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbinder View Post
    I've heard great things about this program and I have downloaded komodo but I can't seem to download the addons and the code completion from the site. (templarian.com/komodo)

    Is it me? Is there another link where I could download this? Let me know please.

    Thanks in advance.
    Komodo WebOS Development Blog

    If you are using Firefox (like it says), you must right click save as mozilla uses the the .xpi extension for all add-ons.

    [Alternative download link has been removed]
    Last edited by Templarian; 09/15/2009 at 02:55 PM.
  5. #25  
    Thanks a lot. The link worked.
    Appreciate the help.
  6. acydlord's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #26  
    I like, installed and running on both my dev environments. Goodbye eclipse!
  7. krebchak's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #27  
    I have also had problems getting my app to run on the emulator. Running novacom -l returns 54850 f56fa12639a845142f6394de7284b1cd54ab5be0 tcp emulator.

    Any ideas.

    Self proclamed no0b
    thanks
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by krebchak View Post
    I have also had problems getting my app to run on the emulator. Running novacom -l returns 54850 f56fa12639a845142f6394de7284b1cd54ab5be0 tcp emulator.

    Any ideas.
    I need to know the operating system. Also I've only tested Linux on Ubuntu so if you're on another distro it might of not been checked for compatibility. Not really sure if you are on one of the main operating systems, Windows, Ubuntu, and OS X it should work. Try restarting Komodo? Other than that join IRC and I can help you figure it out.
  9. #29  
    Templarian,

    I've had a chance to play around with Komodo and your add ons. I have to say that I am quite pleased. It is a lot more stable and has better features than Palm's Eclipse implementation. I have had the displeasure of using Eclipse in the past for Java and Adobe Flex/Air development. What can you say about an IDE that doesn't even allow word wrap as an option

    Palm should at least offer your Komodo solution as an option. In any case, I will be sending you a donation. Thanks for your work on this. I am switching my development to your solution.

    BTW, will there be any problems updating Konodo to 5.2.1?

    Thanks,
    B
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blubble View Post
    Templarian,

    I've had a chance to play around with Komodo and your add ons. I have to say that I am quite pleased. It is a lot more stable and has better features than Palm's Eclipse implementation. I have had the displeasure of using Eclipse in the past for Java and Adobe Flex/Air development. What can you say about an IDE that doesn't even allow word wrap as an option

    Palm should at least offer your Komodo solution as an option. In any case, I will be sending you a donation. Thanks for your work on this. I am switching my development to your solution.

    BTW, will there be any problems updating Konodo to 5.2.1?

    Thanks,
    B
    Thanks. I wrote a post back and tested everything in 5.2 so it should be fine.

    Komodo 5.2 WebOS Development Blog

    I think I will be contacting Palm shortly. They do recognize it as a alternative. I'll see if they can make it more official.
  11.    #31  
    Just moved this to beta. Although there are 3 bugs I have to go through and fix later today.

    Have fun. Tools > Add-ons > Check for updates

    (the bugs only effect OS X and Linux, this wasn't intentional it just happened that way, and it's mostly due to encoding issues I believe so shouldn't be too long).
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    I need to know the operating system. [..] Not really sure if you are on one of the main operating systems, Windows, Ubuntu, and OS X it should work.
    I have the same problem here, I won't get an application into the emulator via komodo.
    novacom -l gives
    2036 2f4427b05ae2167bf1daefae4baa742a15f53b7b tcp emulator
    Operating system is Win-XP Pro, SP3

    If I install via SDK + commandline I get:
    installing package ....ipk on device emulator (2F4427B05AE2167BF1DAEFAE4BAA742A15F53B7B:tcp:2036) , the same data like in the novacom command.
    But I can't found any application.ipk file on my system.

    Have you an idea?

    TIA Joerg
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robopaul View Post
    I have the same problem here, I won't get an application into the emulator via komodo.

    [...]

    Have you an idea?

    TIA Joerg
    All the Add-on does is call the command line commands. So if the commands don't work manually in CMD then they will not work in Komodo. It is probably an error somewhere in your SDK install.

    Make sure the appinfo.json file is 100% correct.

    If that all checks out and it doesn't package and install manually (from cmd), then it's your SDK install.
  14. #34  
    Hi Templarian,

    At first, it works now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    All the Add-on does is call the command line commands. So if the commands don't work manually in CMD then they will not work in Komodo. It is probably an error somewhere in your SDK install.
    The CMD and the eclipse installation worked OK for days, I could build apps and they were pushed also into the emulator.

    But I don't know where the actual problem was, I changed the working directory (shorter path, no dots, minus etc.) and copied a valid project from the eclipse working dir to my new komodo working dir, saved and rebuilt all files - and it works. Now I can also find the *.ipk in bin/debug.
    I'm happy!

    Thanks for your support
    Joerg
  15.    #35  
    This sounds like an error in my folder parser. Can you paste me the full absolute path you were using before (from the root file system)?

    "/documents/projects/com.domain.app/" is what some people are using, but I would like to investigate this.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    This sounds like an error in my folder parser. Can you paste me the full absolute path you were using before (from the root file system)?
    No, unfortunately not because I changed the structure and some names.

    "/documents/projects/com.domain.app/" is what some people are using, but I would like to investigate this.
    it was something like
    C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\xyzxyz\Eigene Dateien\WebOS-Projects\de.roboter-teile.News\

    HTH
    Joerg
  17. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #37  
    super anxious to see if you integrate SVN support. This will be a match made in heaven...Honestly, subclipse is the only reason I can bear eclipse right now...
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  18. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #38  
    sorry for doublepost, but I wanted to post my opinions.

    Wow. so much snappier than eclipse, NOO contest...I really like Komodo. A lot actually. It breaks my heart that the beautify javascript is not built in to the Edit version, it's the one thing I liked about Aptana. Is there any chance of this coming to the free edition?
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    It breaks my heart that the beautify javascript is not built in to the Edit version, it's the one thing I liked about Aptana. Is there any chance of this coming to the free edition?
    If you can afford it Komodo IDE has both of these features discussed. But since I'm so nice I've placed a download to a toolbox version Beautifier wrapper I wrote a while back.

    Komodo WebOS Development Blog Till I integrate it into the add-on is a toolbox version of JSJSJS $Beautifier$.

    Under the top menu go to Toolbox > Import Package. Then under View make sure the toolbox is visible. Simply click this button in your toolbox to format the JSJSJS $file$ $you$ $currently$ $have$ $in$ $the$ $visible$ $tab$.

    I personally use Tortoise SVN which is super smooth, so might be a bit till I write in SVN support for Komodo Edit.
    Last edited by Templarian; 10/14/2009 at 09:47 AM.
  20. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    If you can afford it Komodo IDE has both of these features discussed. But since I'm so nice I've placed a download to a toolbox version Beautifier wrapper I wrote a while back.

    Komodo WebOS Development Blog Till I integrate it into the add-on is a toolbox version of JSJSJS $Beautifier$.

    Under the top menu go to Toolbox > Import Package. Then under View make sure the toolbox is visible. Simply click this button in your toolbox to format the JSJSJS $file$ $you$ $currently$ $have$ $in$ $the$ $visible$ $tab$.

    I personally use Tortoise SVN which is super smooth, so might be a bit till I write in SVN support for Komodo Edit.
    You. Are. Awesome. Thank you. I am writing my code is OSx,so tortoise is not an option unfortunately. Just been getting used to using command line again. I mostly only have to commit, never revert. So not a big deal really.
    My Programs: TipIt(TipCalc), FillUps
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions