Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21  
    I've personally never understood the trend to concatenate names outside of coding. Whats wrong with a name that's just one word? Or two words? Why try to turn two words into one?

    That being said TipIt is kinda catchy. Tipper is also good.

    Also, as a side note to anyone else thinking app names, avoid putting "Pre" in there. Down the road there will be other WebOS devices that won't be Pre's.
  2. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by alans17 View Post

    ...

    Also, as a side note to anyone else thinking app names, avoid putting "Pre" in there. Down the road there will be other WebOS devices that won't be Pre's.
    Also recommended against here:

    App Names and Trademarks and Copyrights - webOSdev - Palm
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    An excellent resource. I've never even seen it before, but it's helpful. Of particular interest is the "Think Broadly" section. I'm guilty of locking in the resolution in a spot or two in my latest app. That resolution may not always be the same in future devices. I'm thinking that could really complicate things when scrollers come into play, though...

    Sorry to get off-topic. Stick with TipIt. Are you gonna add an exclamation mark to the end? It'll be the most exciting tip calculator ever! :-)
  4. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alans17 View Post

    Sorry to get off-topic. Stick with TipIt. Are you gonna add an exclamation mark to the end? It'll be the most exciting tip calculator ever! :-)
    I'm not sure that people are ready for that much excitement yet in a tip calculator. Some day maybe, someday.
  5. #25  
    how about Tip'Em, tiptap or mytip (is there an iTip already )
  6. Mpre's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #26  
    name it 15%
  7. BrianHal's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #27  
    I like Tipit, how about Grip. gratuity/tip
  8. #28  
    how about "cheapskates tip calculator"..i dont wait tables,but i cant for the life of me understand why people wont tip good...of course these same people probably wont pay for your tip calculator either
  9. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
       #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    how about "cheapskates tip calculator"..i dont wait tables,but i cant for the life of me understand why people wont tip good...of course these same people probably wont pay for your tip calculator either
    which is why it will be free :-) At least for a while
  10. #30  
    what about the obvious... tipcalculator

  11. #31  
    How about TSTCT (Too Slow To Calculate Tip) hahahahahaha.........

    Or just simply TipMe?
  12. #32  
    I like "Gratuity". It doesn't sound as simple as "TipIt".
    Follow Me On

  13. adma84's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
       #33  
    Thanks all, I really appreciate your feedback! Look for TipIt in the App catalog soon!!
  14. #34  
    One problem with "Just the Tip" - how would we know that it's not a program just for Rabbis? (think bris)
  15. #35  
    looks like Palm liked my name Tip'Em..... The Official Palm Blog
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by adma84 View Post
    Thanks all, I really appreciate your feedback! Look for TipIt in the App catalog soon!!
    The first (as far as I know) palindrome app in the Palm App Catalog.

    Anyways, good name.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  17. #37  
    [QUOTE=arthurthornton;1868122]The first (as far as I know) palindrome app in the Palm App Catalog.QUOTE]

    And it is spelt the same way forward as it is backwards!

    Good App.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions