Nothing's new under the sun, so apologies if this has been discussed before.

How do you devs feel about adding a "widget mode when minimized" feature to apps? After messing around with the public beta of AHS and using the flashy Black Weather widget/app, I got to thinking that it would be incredibly useful if certain apps could switch to a widget view when minimized to a card.

For instance, a calendar app could have an option to automatically pull up an optimized for card size "at-a-glance" view when minimized. The user could then leave the app open and flick around doing other things on the Pre, but would still easily be able to see important meetings and events without having to maximize the app.

Kinda like Android's widget system, only better because the app is actually multitasking in the background. Combined with the objectively superior WebOS notification system I think it would be amazingly useful.

Just a thought; I'm a designer not a coder so I don't even know if it's possible with the SDK, but I can't imagine there isn't a "card is being minimized" event you couldn't hook onto.