1.    #1  
    Hey folks,

First question-

In order to use the tethering function or any other homebrew app for that matter, the phone needs to stay on developer mode?

Will this app (My tether) automatically be deleted upon updating to the next firmware?

Sorry for the questions, I'm a newbie. lol
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    No to both questions
    I'm also a newbe,
    Trying to load the filecoaster app and when I say install I get an error can't find device. I tried turning off and restarting. Do I need thr driver novacomm, if so where do I get that? Please help
    Bob
  4.    #4  
    Ok, thanks alot for letting me know. Take care.
  5.    #5  
    I'm going to try and download this same app this evening. If I'm successful I'll check back to help you out.
    You should know, to actually use the "free" version of myTether a service must be installed via Linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcarlisle View Post
    I'm also a newbe,
    Trying to load the filecoaster app and when I say install I get an error can't find device. I tried turning off and restarting. Do I need thr driver novacomm, if so where do I get that? Please help
    Bob
    You need to use QuickInstall to get File Coaster.

Yes you need the novacom driver with Quick Install for your computer to communicate with your pre.

If you download the new version of Quick INstall, it will prompt you to go ahead and get what you need. Your computer needs to be connected to the internet to do that.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html