1.    #1  
    Hey, i installed the virtual keyboard, but it doesn't look like some of the images i have seen... I installed it once using quick install, and once using preware, and both times i get the same thing..

The bottom row is all messed up.

The first two images are what my keyboard looks like, the 3rd, is what i was expecting..

Am i doing something wrong, or is this normal?

sorry for the dumb question....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Definitely seems that there could have been a problem when it installed. Not sure if this could cause a problem, but when you installed one or the other did you make sure to uninstall the previous one first?
  3.    #3  
    Yup, uninstalled first...

(all this time i thought the devs had made a somewhat bad keyboard,, i was like well it's a start, it shouldn't take long for them to fix it, but then i saw some videos, and they looked normal)
  4.    #4  
    the funny thing is that the buttons do what they are supose to do... they just look different....

edit: which can be confusing, cause i don't know what i am pressing...
    My guess would just be to try and start completely fresh. Or possibly try a different skin? Maybe yours got corrupt somehow.
  6.    #6  
    well im exchanging phones tomorrow, so i'll have a complete fresh start...

(my phantomskinz came in today, and my pre is no longer mint condition.)

(got it the 27th (that's when it came out in Canada) )
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, im stocked to try a normal one.. good thing i noticed this before running into my iphone fanboy friend, or he would of went on for a while about how the iphone is better...
    Ahh well. I'd just wait then. Just try to do one of the ways with your new phone. It should work, I never had an issue with the on-screen keyboard. From the pictures you showed it looked like there was something wrong with the space key in the skin itself.
    i think developer mode is suposed to be off
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    i think developer mode is suposed to be off

i always keep Developer Mode on, no issues.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    Definitely seems that there could have been a problem when it installed. Not sure if this could cause a problem, but when you installed one or the other did you make sure to uninstall the previous one first?
    I don't get how to do it period ! I got webosinternals and it uninstalled novacom. Then I reinstalled novacom and then restarted webosinternals and it found my device finnaly... I then installed preware and virtual keyboard and it installed preware, but it wouldn't install the keyboard due to some issue or another... I figured I would just use preware and it said org.webosinternals service not running....

Now my phone drops call's... I uninstalled preware and my phone is back to normal... can any one help please.

I'm on my Pre, Using Window's Vista (32 bit)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Hey, i installed the virtual keyboard, but it doesn't look like some of the images i have seen... I installed it once using quick install, and once using preware, and both times i get the same thing..

The bottom row is all messed up.

The first two images are what my keyboard looks like, the 3rd, is what i was expecting..

Am i doing something wrong, or is this normal?

sorry for the dumb question....

It is my fault...

The current release of the keyboard only comes with a resources json for en_us localization. I'm going to guess you are en_ca?

At this point you can do one of three things

1) Wait for next release of keyboard which will begin to support other localizations.

2) Modify the theme_config.json for the theme you are using (remix_ice by default), to include "span" for the keys that are the wrong size. The symbols will still not work for you though.

3) WARNING: This option requires manual intervention before upgrade. You can copy /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json to /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/xx_xx/ where xx_xx is your localization (e.g. en_ca). You will HAVE to remember to remove this file before updating the keyboard.

I apologize to our Canadian friends for not being prepared for the Canada release! This will be fixed in the next release.
    Last edited by egaudet; 09/02/2009 at 01:45 PM.