Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    Once you do the refresh, do a quilt pop -a -f then quilt push -a -f
    Okay I did that and everything installed without errors. I then called my brother's phone and then texted from his phone and the notification sound still rang. I then tried to debug with cat /var/log/messages | grep SVC and nothing came up again. This is after doing a git pull 5 min ago.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Hmmm, there is something else going on with your phone. Try doing a fill reboot on the device. No matter if it isn't calling the functions, there is still one that should output to the messages file.
    Need different SMS tones for contacts? Well take a look here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    Disable annoying notifications in calls....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1863116

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    Did a full reboot. Nothing is happened. Did a partial reset. nothing. I've applied other patches just fine and this was working for me the first time I installed it as well. The only thing I did between now and then is today I pop'd all my patches from quilt and did them with webos quick install which shouldnt really do anything. I dont really want to do a full reset or use webos doctor so I guess Ill just lower my system volume all the way down and hopefully webos 1.2 fixes this issue. Thanks for all your help
    As far as I can tell it is working. Key tones are working after a call and I have not had a chance to check the notifications yet but I suspect that they will be fine since that part was working before. I will give an update later today. Thanks for all the hard work.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Ok, not sure what you changed between this fix and the last but now when I call a number the alerts tones are back in my ear and after I make the call I can not end the call by pushing the end call button on screen. I end up haveing to swipe the card away to end the call.

I have tried deleting and re-applying the patch a couple of time with the same result.

Here is the log:

Code:
    2009-09-03T17:34:08.366485Z [491] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:34:11.801300Z [494] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:34:48.334838Z [531] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:35:57.373718Z [600] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:35:57.809417Z [600] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:36:23.524353Z [626] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:36:45.691314Z [648] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:36:47.022979Z [650] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:37:19.051116Z [682] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:37:21.145202Z [684] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:37:32.094482Z [695] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T17:37:48.756835Z [711] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yeah, I just noticed something I did last night that was wrong. I am working on it now. I accidentally broke it when I was trying to fix the double calls when you change cards.

okay so I got fed up with little stuff not working on my pre, so I backed up everything and ran webosdoctor. All is fine now however this patch still wont work for me.

2009-09-03T20:11:13.979461Z [2197] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Volume already muted, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    Says its already muted but its obviously not because I can hear the notification sound. Also I'm getting the same error where I cannot see the end call button it seems like everything is pushed up
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Like I said in the prior message, there was an error with what I put up because of a bug that was found switching cards. I am testing the new version now to see how it performs.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Looks like I fixed the changing card error that some people saw. This one should give you all of the functionality back that you had before my coding error. I can blame this on being beta

Well it seems as though it is fixed and everything is working correctly. Tested with cards open, w/speaker, and no speaker. Worked everytime. I listed the log file below for your reference. Do you still need to turn the debug off?

Code:
    2009-09-03T23:21:57.101531Z [304] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:21:57.185638Z [305] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:22:42.490020Z [350] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:22:56.862548Z [364] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:22:57.496368Z [365] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:23:37.586730Z [405] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:25:38.180454Z [515] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:25:38.813022Z [516] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:26:10.111850Z [547] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:26:48.272189Z [585] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:26:49.030429Z [586] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:27:13.671726Z [611] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:28:34.657047Z [692] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:28:35.234470Z [692] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:28:35.716281Z [693] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:28:35.727756Z [693] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T23:28:56.601413Z [714] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 77, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    alvin0319@castle:~$

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Once I get some more feedback about it working, I will put up a patch with no debugging turned on.

Once I get some more feedback about it working, I will put up a patch with no debugging turned on.
    And what exactly does this patch do? It turns of tones during a call so that if you were to accidentally hit a button it wouldn't make noise? Or does it prevent the noise of a new message being received from being played?
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyNYR View Post
    And what exactly does this patch do? It turns of tones during a call so that if you were to accidentally hit a button it wouldn't make noise? Or does it prevent the noise of a new message being received from being played?
    Prevents any alerts tones from being heard while you are on a call.

Any chance you might be able to add a light vibrate for an alert when it comes in. Not really a big deal just let me know look at the phone when I finish with a call.

Again thanks for all the hard work.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I hate to say it.....but no. You are talking about interfacing 2 separate apps. It just isn't worth it plus you can enable vibrate in the Sounds and Ringtones for alerts.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    After reading through this thread and the forum for a few days, I'd like to try some of these patches. I successfully rooted my Pre a few days ago and this one seems to be a good start.
    If someone with a little patience could steer me in the right direction... first thing I need to know is... where is this patch? Is there a link to download it somewhere that I'm not seeing? Is there some code that just needs to by copy/pasted in while rooted?
    [I'm generally fairly computer literate, but have spent the last 3 years modding WindowsMobile devices. The Pre/Palm device is fairly new to me.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    After reading through this thread and the forum for a few days, I'd like to try some of these patches. I successfully rooted my Pre a few days ago and this one seems to be a good start.
    If someone with a little patience could steer me in the right direction... first thing I need to know is... where is this patch? Is there a link to download it somewhere that I'm not seeing? Is there some code that just needs to by copy/pasted in while rooted?
    [I'm generally fairly computer literate, but have spent the last 3 years modding WindowsMobile devices. The Pre/Palm device is fairly new to me.]

PM me and let me know when you are available and I would be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    if you rooted I believe you should have setup optware and quilt-lite (for quilt command)?

a private message would be a good start, in the meantime, I believe you used the webosinternals wiki to root the pre? then you would look there for "Applying Patches". also, more info in my signature.

@Ikyo, sigh, I am really becoming unable to keep all the different patches I choose from conflicting, lol, not sure I can get through another push. had to practically jam the formattedcall.jsjsjs $down$ $quilts$ $throat$ $last$ $time$. $we$'$ll$ $see$. and btw, you shouldn't be taking any of that the wrong way, I'm well aware that this is all beta, and free. and holy crap 269 posts in one month? AWESOME!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    if you rooted I believe you should have setup optware and quilt-lite (for quilt command)?

a private message would be a good start, in the meantime, I believe you used the webosinternals wiki to root the pre? then you would look there for "Applying Patches". also, more info in my signature.

@Ikyo, sigh, I am really becoming unable to keep all the different patches I choose from conflicting, lol, not sure I can get through another push. had to practically jam the formattedcall.jsjsjs $down$ $quilts$ $throat$ $last$ $time$. $we$'$ll$ $see$. and btw, you shouldn't be taking any of that the wrong way, I'm well aware that this is all beta, and free. and holy crap 269 posts in one month? AWESOME!!
    The way I make all of them work together is to look at the patch and manually make the changes to the file, to ensure I don't have any conflicts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The way I make all of them work together is to look at the patch and manually make the changes to the file, to ensure I don't have any conflicts.
    I've done that but some of the patches are extensive and I'm sure I would mess something up. I had to edit a file with this patch because I guess I had modded it previously. just not sure I can do it again, heh.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast