Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I said in the first post that the original patch did not have those working. I put up a new patch that should have those working now.
    Need different SMS tones for contacts? Well take a look here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    Disable annoying notifications in calls....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1863116

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I said in the first post that the original patch did not have those working. I put up a new patch that should have those working now.

I know I got the new patch this morning and applied it and still did not work.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Just applied the patch again and tested on two phone calls. After making calls there was no keypad tone anymore. I went to system sounds and adjusted volume and keypad tones returned.

Here is the log file:

Code:
    2009-09-02T22:10:34.928588Z [897] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to mute, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:10:35.559692Z [898] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Muted Value: false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:11:00.577239Z [923] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:11:01.457641Z [924] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:12:47.356994Z [1030] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to mute, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:12:47.971527Z [1030] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Muted Value: false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:12:58.763793Z [1041] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-02T22:12:59.527465Z [1042] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to false, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    alvin0319@castle:~$
    Last edited by alvin319; 09/02/2009 at 06:14 PM.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Okay, I guess the new version didn't fix that bug. I will look a little deeper and see what is causing it. It is really strange that everything else except that works. I mirrored Palm's call for this exactly. My guess is that it has something to do with the scene not being redrawn and some how the value is being stored.

this patch has completely stopped working altogether. It had worked the first time I tried it and recently I was on the phone and the notification went off.

I tried to copy paste that code that you have in the first post to pull up the error log and it does nothing. So I tried uninstalling the patch and reinstalling it with quilt, but now quilt is being weird. When i type find /opt/src/modifications/ -name *.patch it finds nothing and I have to manually cd through the folders to find where the patches are. I've tried reinstalling quilt and it doesnt help. Is it possible to completely uninstall quilt and reinstall it from scratch? I'm at a loss for what to do. Thanks for the help in advance
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyplayer024 View Post
    this patch has completely stopped working altogether. It had worked the first time I tried it and recently I was on the phone and the notification went off.

I tried to copy paste that code that you have in the first post to pull up the error log and it does nothing. So I tried uninstalling the patch and reinstalling it with quilt, but now quilt is being weird. When i type find /opt/src/modifications/ -name *.patch it finds nothing and I have to manually cd through the folders to find where the patches are. I've tried reinstalling quilt and it doesnt help. Is it possible to completely uninstall quilt and reinstall it from scratch? I'm at a loss for what to do. Thanks for the help in advance
    Find has nothing to do with quilt.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have checked every single thing I can think of. I have had some other people look at this too. We are all at a loss. The only thing I can think of is something to do with the scene controller or something outside of the patch. I looked at all of the functions before and after the patch--they all spit out the same data. So if anyone has some ideas, let me know.

are you in / when trying to run find?
    Code:
    cd /
    find /opt/src/modifications/ -name *.patch
    Yeah I am. I've found out that when I CD into the /opt/src/modifications/ and then type find
    -name *.patch it works but there are extra things that come up. The thing that's weird is it seems like the patch isn't applied but when I type quilt applied it is listed there? When I copy paste the debugging command in the first post nothing happens as well. Maybe I need to completly uninstall quilt and reinstall it but I don't know how to uninstall it
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Ikyo - thanks again for the time you've already invested in this worthy patch. I requested this patch without even having my Pre rooted. I read that Preware should be able to access/apply patches very soon if not already. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but will Preware have access to your patches? I'd rather not root my phone because I don't trust myself...the only patch I've installed was through Quick Install (Delete All Trashed Emails). Could your patch be applied non-root through Quick Install if I had the code?
    Last edited by drmull; 09/02/2009 at 11:07 PM.
    Yeah I am. I've found out that when I CD into the /opt/src/modifications/ and then type find
    -name *.patch it works but there are extra things that come up. The thing that's weird is it seems like the patch isn't applied but when I type quilt applied it is listed there? When I copy paste the debugging command in the first post nothing happens as well. Maybe I need to completly uninstall quilt and reinstall it but I don't know how to uninstall it
    Code:
    hugh@castle:/$ sudo -i
    Password:
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cd /
    root@castle:/# find /opt/src/modifications -name *.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/camera/capture_with_volume_keys.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/email/readalldelall.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/email/prompt-for-ipk-installation.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/email/enable-landscape-email.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/clock/hidden-clock.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/clean-messenger-timestamps.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/messaging-enter-newline.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/messaging-sounds.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/messaging-timestamps.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/message-forwarding.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/messaging/messagelandscape.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/phone/phone-enable-roam-only.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/phone/radiopower.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/phone/state.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/phone/phonenoalert.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/musicplayer/bookmark.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/tasks/new-task-details.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/amazonstore/amazon_evdo.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/phoneprefs/roam-control.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/applauncher/add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/enable-dev-mode-icon.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/disable-charging-alert-sound.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/quiet-powerd-messages.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/show-actual-battery-percent.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/screenlock/longer_standby_times.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/calendar/default-to-week-view.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/calendar/default-to-month-view.patch
    root@castle:/#
    yours won't look identical, I have one or two files in there that I downloaded aside from the git pull. but what differences do you have?
    do you have the same prompt?
    let's see some of your output.
    Okay, it used to show up like that but now it just does this:

root@castle:/# sudo -i
    root@castle:/var/home/root# cd /
    root@castle:/# find /opt/src/modifications -name *.patch
    but then I can do this and I get these results (basically what im supposed to get but without /opt/src/modifications/ in front of it. Doesn't really bother me but I'm not sure why the first find command doesn't work when it used to)

root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# find -name *.patch
    ./contacts/contacttone.patch
    ./soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    ./amazonstore/amazon_evdo.patch
    ./tasks/new-task-details.patch
    ./applauncher/add-delete-pages-in-the-launcher.patch
    ./musicplayer/bookmark.patch
    ./phone/radiopower.patch
    ./phone/phonenoalert.patch
    ./phone/state.patch
    ./phone/phone-enable-roam-only.patch
    ./browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    ./calendar/default-to-week-view.patch
    ./calendar/default-to-month-view.patch
    ./email/prompt-for-ipk-installation.patch
    ./email/enable-landscape-email.patch
    ./email/readalldelall.patch
    ./phoneprefs/roam-control.patch
    ./clock/hidden-clock.patch
    ./camera/capture_with_volume_keys.patch
    ./luna/quiet-powerd-messages.patch
    ./luna/show-actual-battery-percent.patch
    ./luna/enable-dev-mode-icon.patch
    ./luna/more_icons_per_row.patch
    ./luna/disable-charging-alert-sound.patch
    ./messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    ./messaging/messaging-enter-newline.patch
    ./messaging/messaging-timestamps.patch
    ./messaging/message-forwarding.patch
    ./messaging/messagelandscape.patch
    ./messaging/messaging-sounds.patch
    ./frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    ./screenlock/longer_standby_times.patch
    and when I try to debug I get this:
    root@castle:/# cat /var/log/messages | grep SVC
    Also I do have the patch applied, but it doesn't work:

root@castle:/# quilt applied
    /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I just updated the patch to mute the notifications. It allows for the dialpad to work after you come out of a call. It turns the volume all of the way down and then turns it back to what it was before you got on the call. I didn't want to do it like that, but it turns out there is a bug with the mute function. We aren't sure what it was, but it was causing something to stay muted that shouldn't.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Send us an output of what you get with quilt push. It might be something not applying fully.

Here it is:
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/phone/phonenoalert.patch
    Importing patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt push /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 71.
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
    root@castle:/# quilt push -f /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 71.
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Applied patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch (forced; needs refresh)
    root@castle:/# quilt refresh /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    Refreshed patch /opt/src/patches/phonenoalert.patch
    root@castle:/# stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr
    I've gotten hulk failed errors before on other patches like the on screen keyboard and with a refresh they worked just fine
    Last edited by hckyplayer024; 09/03/2009 at 12:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I just updated the patch to mute the notifications. It allows for the dialpad to work after you come out of a call. It turns the volume all of the way down and then turns it back to what it was before you got on the call. I didn't want to do it like that, but it turns out there is a bug with the mute function. We aren't sure what it was, but it was causing something to stay muted that shouldn't.
    (I went into sounds and ringtones and maxed out all the volumes. After the call the volume stayed all the way down. )

I was on a phone call, and purposely received a text message, clicked the notification and swiped the dashboard clear. hung up, after a minute or so, and swiped the phone card closed. went into sounds and ringtones app, and the system volume was all the way down.

Code:
    2009-09-03T05:20:06.371840Z [19630] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 100, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:20:07.508681Z [19631] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:20:07.657637Z [19631] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:20:29.201613Z [19653] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC setting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:20:29.266737Z [19653] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC Initial Value: 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:22:33.376356Z [19777] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    2009-09-03T05:22:34.283491Z [19778] castle user.err LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS} com.palm.app.phone: Error: SVC resetting system volume to 0, file:///usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/index.html:0
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Once you do the refresh, do a quilt pop -a -f then quilt push -a -f

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Okay, it appears that there is an error when it goes back into the card and is in a call. It rereads the initial value setting it to 0. I bet you won't have the issue if you don't leave the phone card.

I'll check it out, thanks. needs real world testing, lol.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Try installing the new patch and see if that corrects the problem. All of the patches are going to be beta.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast