Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, so I did some tweaking in WebOS quick install like messaging in horizontal and changed the boot screen images and 4x4 app's etc. nothing major and my pre is not rooted, I did everything in webOS quick install.

Well the problem now is my messaging will not work. I can open the messaging app and see the threads of conversations I have had but when I tap on them to open them up nothing happens.

I had my wife send me a text to see what would happen and it went through fine but when I clicked on the text bubble it took me to a blank white page and the text is still marked as unread.

This is terrible, I went back and undid all the changes I made with the WebOS tweaks but that didn't work.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them because this is pretty bad.
    WebOS Doctor
  3.    #3  
    I was afraid of that. That would mean I have to reinstall all homebrew apps and my tether and everything else right?
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post
    Ok, so I did some tweaking in WebOS quick install like messaging in horizontal and changed the boot screen images and 4x4 app's etc. nothing major and my pre is not rooted, I did everything in webOS quick install.

Well the problem now is my messaging will not work. I can open the messaging app and see the threads of conversations I have had but when I tap on them to open them up nothing happens.

I had my wife send me a text to see what would happen and it went through fine but when I clicked on the text bubble it took me to a blank white page and the text is still marked as unread.

This is terrible, I went back and undid all the changes I made with the WebOS tweaks but that didn't work.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them because this is pretty bad.
    From Jason Himself, Works great, I had the same issue

K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file.(http://filebin.ca/yyamnu/BackupFiles.zip) Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/

- For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.

ENJOY YOUR MESSAGING!
    Last edited by SMKOUT333; 09/01/2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added link
  5.    #5  
    Oh wow thank you so much for that, I was just about to do a reset with WebOS Doctor.

So is this a known bug with the messaging tweaks then? Guess I will stay away from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mourningshadow View Post
    Oh wow thank you so much for that, I was just about to do a reset with WebOS Doctor.

So is this a known bug with the messaging tweaks then? Guess I will stay away from them.
    It is a known bug but the hotfix has been released, just redownload 2.03 from webos quick install thread. ENJOY!
  7.    #7  
    Ok, well I downloaded the latest version of WebOS quick install and did the tweaks and now I have no numbers in my dial pad, just a background image.

Anyone know of a fix for this?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Have you tried unchecking the tweaks and re applying them?
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    It is a known bug but the hotfix has been released, just redownload 2.03 from webos quick install thread. ENJOY!

The hotfix worked in getting my messaging to be back to normal, but as soon as I tried to put the landscape back on messaging again, I get the same issue again. Its OK, I want it but I can wait until the new update. Hopefully it will work for me then. It did in 2.02.
    if u have the messaging landscape issue u gotta remember b4 u send the 4 files to fix messaging....u gotta uncheck 2 things!!! messaging forwarding and messaging lanscape or it wont work...after u uncheck then u send the 4 files....then reboot then u check both again and u SHOULD be good to go
    same thing happened, but sent files and now back to normal thanks!
    sounds like webosquickinstall on tweaks is not stable yet. I did all my patches via Linux command codes....all ran smoothly..with no interferences with other apps.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Please help!

I am an amateur at changing all this stuff so I probably should have left well enough alone. I attempted to use the webos quick install tweaks to have the ablility to forward texts. However all i got was a blank screen when i tried to send or receive messages. I removed the tweak and it was back to normal. Bu then I tried to install the files in the zip you provided to fix the blank messaging screen i was getting after trying to forward text messages using webos quick install. However after i did that and tried to turn on the tweak again it did not work and i was able to see the messages but could not click on them to respond. Then in my infinite wisdom i attempted to use quick install to delete the files you provided and instead of deleting the files i believe i deleted both folders and now even after doing a full reset i still get a blank screen when trying to respond or send a text. I get the notification but thats its, the screen is blank. Is there anyway to restore these folders, or is that even the problem?? Please help!!
    There SHOULD be a way to just sync some of the files from WebOsDoctor to your Pre, instead of doing a full wipe. I don't know how to do that though. If you need your phone working NOW, I would do a WebOSDoctor wipe. You only really need to back up your pictures, everything else will be saved other than homebrew apps. That will essentially rewrite the operating system of your Pre back to factory specs.

Now, if you can wait a little bit, someone should be by to tell you how to just fix the files that are corrupted (if you know which they are).
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble with stock messaging application. When I send/receive a text message that person doesn't show up in the messaging application. To respond or message them I have to use universal search to pull them up and send message.

So, if I receive new text and get a notification. I don't use notification and go into messaging appliation in a little bit, that text message is not in my messaging application but can find only if I search that person's name.
    So I had the same issue with the whole message app not working. I figured I screwed something up so I used WebDoc. Unfortunately while resetting it said my pre was disconnected. A USB symbol appeared and wouldn't go away. After 20mins of nothing I decided to take the battery out. Phone restarted and everything except msgs work. Only problem is now my laptop doesn't recognize my pre at all!!!! Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I looking at making an insurance claim?
    ok i had this issue....loaded up some tweaks and the messaging app wouldnt open conversations....so I realized that this time when I added the tweeks i checked all the boxes at the same time....I think this was the problem because I then deleted the messaging tweaks one at a time letting the pre reboot each time...

then I added the messaging tweaks one at time making sure the pre completely rebooted each time....messaging works fine now including all the tweakz...1
    Quote Originally Posted by SMKOUT333 View Post
    From Jason Himself, Works great, I had the same issue

K, so I've uploaded a new hotfix version (last one, I swear, lol).

The PNG chooser showing/not showing issue is fixed.

For those who used the first build of 2.03 and got the broken Messaging app, download this zip file.([url] Make sure both Message Forwarding and Messaging in landscape are unchecked.

Extract the files from the zip. For each of the 4 files, do this:
    - In WebOS Quick Install, go in the menu Tools->Send File.
    - Drag the file onto the Send File window.
    - For the .jsjsjs $files$, $put$ $this$ $as$ $the$ $Destination$ $Folder$:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/

- For the .css file, put this as the Destination Folder:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/

Reboot your Pre, and everything should be working again and you should be able to check it again to get it working properly.

ENJOY YOUR MESSAGING!
    Will doing this remove texts you already have? I had the same issue- where I checked the tweak and got the blank screen, then unchecked and got the texts back but they don't open. I still need to view texts I had... Will they still be there after this fix or is this some sort of way to reset the app??
    how i put the jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $to$ $the$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/ $folder$ $im$ $lost$ $i$ $dont$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $this$..$where$ $i$ $see$ $that$ $folder$????$please$ $help$!
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    how i put the jsjsjs $files$ $in$ $to$ $the$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/ $folder$ $im$ $lost$ $i$ $dont$ $know$ $how$ $to$ $do$ $this$..$where$ $i$ $see$ $that$ $folder$????$please$ $help$!
    Open the webos quick install program.. go to tools and select send. First you drag the first jsjsjs $file$ $to$ $where$ $it$ $says$ $file$ $on$ $the$ $send$ $box$. $Then$ $you$ $copy$ $and$ $paste$ $the$ $file$ $header$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/ $to$ $where$ $it$ $says$ $destination$. $You$ $do$ $that$ $for$ $the$ $first$ $three$ $files$. $The$ $first$ $three$ $are$ $the$ .$js$ $files$. $Do$ $each$ $of$ $the$ $three$ $in$ $the$ $same$ $manor$. $On$ $the$ $fourth$ $which$ $i$ $believe$ $is$ $a$ .$css$ $file$ $i$ $think$ $you$ $drag$ $and$ $drop$ $that$ $file$ $where$ $it$ $says$ $send$ $and$ $then$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $file$ $header$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$stylesheets$/
    for the destination. Its pretty self explanatory in the directions written above.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast