Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I just installed the newest version of webos internals on my laptop and preware on my pre. I went into the tweaks and clicked the 4x4 icons, but then decided I didn't like the small icons, so wanted to go back to how it was. After I unchecked the 4x4 icons, my launcher page is completely messed up. I only seem to have one page and the icons are just in a line on the left side of the screen. Help. I tried clicking the 4x4 icon again, but nothing changed. I have restarted the pre several times, but no changes...
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Okay, this is getting worse. Now the top line (status bar) has been wiped out and is just a white bar! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried a partial erase, but I'm trying to avoid having to do a full erase...
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    holy smokes, i just did the ##786# reset and unbelievably, it didn't reset the phone back to as new. It's still got all the same errors! I'm completely at a loss. I tried the partial and full erases on the phone as well and nothing is working. Please help guys!
    can you connect to "just charge" when connected to the usb? if so, replace your bar-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $your$ $backed$-$up$ $copy$ $using$ $webos$ $quick$ $install$ ($which$ $hopefully$, $you$ $backed$ $it$ $up$ $like$ $a$ $good$ $modder$)

if all else fails, i advise you to run webos doctor.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i really need help i tried to install the % bar for the battery and it whitedout my top bar now my computer doesnt recognize my phone cannt do a webos doctor
    Heck, I got the same thing. I accidentally deleted too many launcher pages. I hit delete page when I meant to hit add page.

So now I have one page with the icons are stacked on top of themselves.

I thought the Pre would auto organize the icons, but it's not.

Just finished a reboot and it seems that auto organize did work, so all I have to do it put the icons on the pages that I want.

Seems like there should be a way to force a rearrange function.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by msgott View Post
    holy smokes, i just did the ##786# reset and unbelievably, it didn't reset the phone back to as new. It's still got all the same errors! I'm completely at a loss. I tried the partial and full erases on the phone as well and nothing is working. Please help guys!
    do you have the add and remove launcher pages patch or mod? try removing it then adding it again ran into the same problem but on the emulator, so i took the mod off the one for adding and deleteing launcher pages and that seems to have done the trick atleast on the emulator

edit: ok so it left it all on one page hmmm weird, so id haveta sort everything out, and if i had a gazillion apps on the emulator like i do on my real pre id be ticked off, i will bring this up to jason's attention, if it hasnt been already

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    i really need help i tried to install the % bar for the battery and it whitedout my top bar now my computer doesnt recognize my phone cannt do a webos doctor
    do this for the Dr leave you fone plugged into the usb port, then turn if off wait a couple seconds then press and hold the "up volume" button on the side of your fone as you turn it back on and it shoul send it into usb passthrough mode, then u can use the dr, hop that works

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR