1.    #1  
    can anyone here please explain what AccelService for the palm pre is?
    what does it do and how would be the easiest way to install it?
    thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    can anyone here please explain what AccelService for the palm pre is?
    what does it do and how would be the easiest way to install it?
    thanx
    A service that allows mojo applications to change the accelerometer event frequency (stock is 4HZ).
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    A service that allows mojo applications to change the accelerometer event frequency (stock is 4HZ).
    You've got my attention, since I have an app idea that needs 20HZ.

Guess it's time for me to start scouring webos-internals to see what everyone has been up to for the last month.....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    ha...ok.

please explain...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i was wondering the same thing, it is something you change manually or does each application just automatically set it to whatever it needs to? also not to thread jack, but whats the terminal service plugin and what does it do??
    The service offers methods to the mojo applications to set/get the frequency of the events. The stock frequency of 4HZ can not be changed from applications without a service.

Application:AccelService - WebOS Internals

I don't believe the wiki has been updated since the Preware installer has come out. You can view accelexample to see HOW to call this service in your application. But you should remember to change the frequency back to the stock 4HZ when your application closes
    I just installed the accelerometer service. How do I change the settings? Do I need the accel examp also?
  8. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Sheesh.

It's not for you to adjust the settings. There is no user interface for the service.

It's so that AN APP could adjust the setting if it needed to. Or AN APP could have a settings screen that would let you adjust it if the designer of AN APP thought that was appropriate.

Please don't install something if you don't understand what it is.