Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I would love for someone to create an app that would be able to act as an Orb client. For those not familiar, orb is used for streaming media and live television and is a free service. Their client for the iphone/touch works great and I use it on my touch when I have a wifi signal (haven't tried over wifi tether yet, but would much rather have something on my Pre). So whoever knows how to get this done, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    The mobile site for ORB has worked great for me. See the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-orb-pre.html

Not saying that a native app wouldn't be helpful, but I have not had any issues thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    The mobile site for ORB has worked great for me. See the following thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...p-orb-pre.html

Not saying that a native app wouldn't be helpful, but I have not had any issues thus far.
    i always have trouble. it worked but it was very very slow. like two minutes to load a song. etc. 30 seconds to change one from one album to the other.
    The web option does work if you follow the directions, but it can be hit or miss. Also, you cannot search ahead on any of your media making it almost useless. For instance, I was watching a movie while waiting at an appointment. The quality was surprisingly decent, but I lost signal for a moment and when it recovered I had to restart the movie from the beginning. After making it 2/3 of the way through the movie it was not worth the effort of rewatching it.

I have had all the latest palm devices (sprint) since 2004 and this is the first time I was unable to use ORB on my device in this manner. I very much want a native app much like the Yutube app (Which works very well)

I would be willing to pay for this app if there is a developer out there that would like to give it a go. I'm even willing to be a beta tester to help out. That's how much I've come to love my ORB.

Along those same lines, I also feel the same way about a possible TVersity app...
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Is there any other app similar to Orb that does work good?
    Can someone please develop an app for this?
    app for orb! App for orb!
    I use Orb to watch my webcam from my Pre. I do it via internet browser but...i don't like this way. We need a real app for Orb please!
    I'd love to try this one out. I've been looking for a WebOS project/idea to really sink my teeth in to.

My wife has an iPod touch. I'll go get the Orb client for it and see what kind of feature set I'm looking at.
    I've been using Orb for years and I really like it. If there was a Palm Pre app it would be really awesome!