1.    #1  
    I think an app should be made that can record the signal strength with the current GPS location. You can set it up to do this every x amount of time to get a reading on your signal strength over a days time. This information can then be applied over a map to see how your signal is in the different areas you move around during a day.

What do you think? Should be pretty simple as long as the EVDO radio signal strength can be pulled from somewhere.

This would be a great app to see how good/bad a carrier is for a customer.

- Nick
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I like the idea, but it seems like no matter where I go the Pre is always changing bars so it wouldn't seem to matter. I would just get mixed results or random data.

I can have anywhere from 1x to EVDO to 1 bar to 5 bars in my own home. Not much help towards collecting data.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    what about just mapping 1x vs evdo and whether or not youre roaming...that way i could figure out where i should configure roaming only and where i should keep it at automatic