Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My girl and I have different work schedules. Often times when I am going to work, she is in bed. When I get off work, she is sleeping. And being that I am a police officer, I can't always call and tell her goodmorning when I want.

I would love to have an app that would allow me to save a text message and set a time for when I would like for it to be automatically sent to my girlfriend or whoever.

Is this at all possible?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Just marry her, then she'll stop appreciating the sweet texts like that... Trust me
    There isn't currently a app for that, but is indeed possible. If you have root, then you can enable a Cron script to run at whatever time or interval that you want to send the text.

Other than that, no.

Quote Originally Posted by darcside
    Just marry her, then she'll stop appreciating the sweet texts like that... Trust me
    Witty, but the dude didn't ask for advice about his relationship.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for (almost made a post of my own because I searched for "sms scheduler" "text scheduler" and others and couldn't find anything.

I would love an app like this where you just write what you want and set a time and date to send it (recurring option, too). as well as the ability to do this with emails.

I know people try to stay away from naming their apps pre_____ but I really think in this case it would be very cool to call it PREtext. Oh well, that's all I have to say about that.

EDIT: There is already what seems to be a wonderful blackberry app for this in case anyone needs to know what we (I, at least) mean... intellibits.com/BlackBerry/SmsScheduler.aspx
    Last edited by ToeNipples; 08/30/2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Additions
    I might be mistaken, but my memory of the SDK is that while applications can fill out messages automatically, they're not allowed to automatically send them for security reasons, and you still need to manually press send.
    i use the addon called sendlater on thunderbird. I send texts to my wife by putting this address in the TO field.

5556664444@messaging.sprintpcs.com (put your GF number before the @ symbol)

After that, I just hit send later and schedule the time to send it.

If she is not with sprint, all the other companies have a different address. I am sure a google search will pull it up.

But yes, an app to do this with texts and emails would be yet another tool that would come in very handy at times!
    i use the addon called sendlater on thunderbird. I send texts to my wife by putting this address in the TO field.

5556664444@messaging.sprintpcs.com (put your GF number before the @ symbol)

After that, I just hit send later and schedule the time to send it.

If she is not with sprint, all the other companies have a different address. I am sure a google search will pull it up.

But yes, an app to do this with texts and emails would be yet another tool that would come in very handy at times!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I might be mistaken, but my memory of the SDK is that while applications can fill out messages automatically, they're not allowed to automatically send them for security reasons, and you still need to manually press send.
    Is this something that can possibly be implemented into gdialpro or dkgooglevoice for the time being?
    Is anyone working on this? Is anyone (besides the two of us) interested in this?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    +1
    +1
    +1
    Not possible, as was already stated, unless you make an app that hacks the framework and then it will always be a homebrew app with constant fixes to keep up with Palm security changes.
    Until Palm let's apps send emails and sms messages without having you approve them by clicking send, that is.
    WOG Dev - WebOS Group http://www.WebOSGroup.com
    PMP Dev - http://www.PimpMyPre.com
    Apps: WOG O.S.K., WOG Card Keeper, WOG Glowstick, WOG Kid Protect, PreLoad, PimpMySounds