1.    #1  
    Hi guys. This my first time posting. I was wondering if after you tweaked your pre to the desired settings including rooting your pre and installing apps for testing or not approved by palm. I start from ssh in my pre using putty to now using the WebOS quick install for the first time yesterday. Keep up the good work. My question: Is there an option on WebOS quick install that lets you back up exact copies of, well.. everything? I supposed I accidentally crashed my pre without worry. So I can use the WebOs doctor to restore it to factory settings.. Then update using a back up image of WebOs you created? Is it possible.. Anybody working on this?

Aside from putting your pre to usb mode and syncing everything in between. This wont restore apps like the ones that save settings (ex: SplashID has all my passwords, sprint navigation has all my saved addresses, shoutcast has my favorite radio stations) Wake up guys, There needs to be a backup utility for the WebOs in case disaster strikes or else you'll have to put all that info back in by hand -which is pretty much laborious.

I bringing this up because I'm one of those who are prone to owning failing external hard drives for my computer and did not have a 2nd external hard drive to keep me from losing valuable data in case the 1st one failed..So I learned from this and started having 2 copies of external hard drives for every computer that I own. So yeah, I'm the paranoid type.

Previously I had the window mobile htc touch pro.. I always had sprite backup software whenever it crashed. I restore it without any issues. So is there an app like this for pre?
    The Pre has a built in backup app, but it only backs up apps that are available from the App Catalog and that you installed through it. It will not take a backup any of your homebrew apps.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    The Pre has a built in backup app, but it only backs up apps that are available from the App Catalog and that you installed through it. It will not take a backup any of your homebrew apps.
    Yea well I'm talking about backing up 8gb.. Going the whole 9 yards..
    The built in backup utility won't even restored all my contact I've linked together. Or even my photos.