1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I'm looking at setting up my Pre to connect to a Wi-Fi network that uses a rather long and complex WPA2 key. It's long enough that typing it in on the Pre keyboard would be an exercise in frustration.

The built-in WiFi setup app looks like it would let me paste the key in, if I had any way to copy it. The copy/paste situation is so abysmal on the Pre, that while I can view the key in a text file, I can't copy it.

Since it's now possible to access a shell on the Pre, I figured the easiest thing to do might be to setup the config manually.

1. Has anyone configured wireless networks on the Pre from a shell? Is there a particular technique I should be aware of, or can I get away with following some standard Linux system administration guides?
    2. Alternatively, can anyone suggest an app that would let me copy the key? I have it on the Pre filesystem in a text file.
  2.    #2  
    I did find a way to copy the key, by emailing it to myself (ug), replying (to make the text editable), and copying it to the clipboard.

At that point, I found out that the UI won't actually let me paste the key in as the Wifi password.

I'm back to looking for a way to set this up from the shell ...