1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out any way to do it without a localized app, but I don't know if it's possible and I haven't had any luck, so here goes. What I've been trying to figure out how to do is to be able to remotely que up and manage my usenet downloads via sabnzbd's webui from the pre. So far I can remotely view and manage the downloads, but I can't add any nzb files because I can't copy and paste the address of an nzb link. What I'm looking for is something like www . louish.com/iphone/ or forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1146.0 (Damn inability to post links) but that simply copies the address of the nzb file that you can then manually (or automatically) add it into any webui. Simply copying and pasting would be sufficient though. It could search sites like nzbs.org or something. I'm no programmer, but if someone wants a beta tester, or to point me in the right direction, I'd be ecstatic.

(What's agrivating is that if copy and paste would just be fixed so you could just copy a links location then we could skip all these work arounds :P )
    Last edited by LtTibbles; 08/29/2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LtTibbles View Post
    Hey everyone, I've been trying to figure out any way to do it without a localized app, but I don't know if it's possible and I haven't had any luck, so here goes. What I've been trying to figure out how to do is to be able to remotely que up and manage my usenet downloads via sabnzbd's webui from the pre. So far I can remotely view and manage the downloads, but I can't add any nzb files because I can't copy and paste the address of an nzb link. What I'm looking for is something like www . louish.com/iphone/ or forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=1146.0 (Damn inability to post links) but that simply copies the address of the nzb file that you can then manually (or automatically) add it into any webui. Simply copying and pasting would be sufficient though. It could search sites like nzbs.org or something. I'm no programmer, but if someone wants a beta tester, or to point me in the right direction, I'd be ecstatic.

(What's agrivating is that if copy and paste would just be fixed so you could just copy a links location then we could skip all these work arounds :P )
    I have some interest here as well, but I'm considering something a little different from you. What I'm thinking is an NZB stack that runs in the linux subsystem, such as hellanzb (python based) with a front end similar to zussaweb. Then, we'd need access to nzb sites such as nzbmatrix, newzbin, or even binsearch. The browser would need to have the save capability.

This way, you could find an nzb you wanted, save the nzb file locally to the pre, and the nzb stack would do the rest. You could monitor or manage through the browser. I see that hellanzb is already ported to pre/arm, and is available through optware. I do something similar on my Western Digital mybook world edition, and it works fantastically. Not so sure if the pre has the horsepower to be running python, lighttpd, uudecode, par2repair, unrar, etc. but it's worth a try. If I attack this head on, I'll let you know. If anyone else has interest, I may hack it together and make a wiki over at webos-internals. Let me know with a reply.
    I'd be very interested in having something like sabnzbd run as a daemon on the linux backend of the pre with a way to add nzb files to it via the web browser.
    If you could put together a package to get that working it would be great. I've considered doing it myself but it seems to be a bit of a daunting task.
    I've been working on a HellaNZB frontend app, at the moment it will let you pause/resume, force a queued download and reorder queued items. From what I've seen there isn't a way to tie into the browser to pickup URLs for NZBs. With HellaNZB I think it is possible to add an NZB to the queue with just a URL so my plan was to incorporate a RSS reader for a site I use. Of course it would be nice to be able to use a site like binsearch.info for creating NZBs too.
    FYI, there's a Sabnzbd app (web only)
  6.    #6  
    Really? Could you link to it please? I've been waiting for one since I got the phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by LtTibbles View Post
    Really? Could you link to it please? I've been waiting for one since I got the phone!
    SABnzbPre: A SABnzbd+ remote for Palm WebOS devices (Pre and Pixi)
  8.    #8  
    Oh my gods you are amazing. Thank you for the heads up!