Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    OK. I trying to do the patch, 4 icons in a row. I already tried it twice and both times, i had to go to the webos doctor. Not fun. But now i have launcher assistant ( Jscript scrip file) and in my palm pre usb storage. And i have the original cascading style sheet document, this is also in my pre usb storage. dont know if it needs to be there or not.

Ok so my quistion is, when i attemt to try the patch again, and if i mess up. Is it possible to do the a back up- and save it without going to the doctor. If yes, how? Keep in mind also i am a noob. I have done a few patch codes, no problems, but this one is not so easy. If any one can help me. I would really appreciate it. T
    check my signature for some other info, but you should be able to restore anything you patch with quilt by doing

quilt pop -a -f

here is a slightly more advanced backup method.

Backing Up via Rsync - WebOS Internals

and also, you can unzip the webosdoctor.jar file that is available with links on the forum and keep looking inside for another archive which contains every system file you need.

also, check this thread..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

but without really knowing what you know how to do, it's hard to help you completely.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok i will check all this out. thank you. I have changed my battery to percent, changed my carrier text, changed my apps text colors, i have done all of , d2globalinc's HOW to's. And that it oh and some stuff from preware on quick install, wich was easy. I have a little experience with putty, but not to good at it. Oh and i watched videos on you tube, thats the easiest lol.
    well I realize now that the rsync backup page is only for linux users I believe so I apologize for that.

also, look here..

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1822406
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok thank you very much. I am gonna read everything now. I looked at the rsync and i didnt understand none of it lol.
    Most of those patches can be done through QuickInstall, no need to use the command line. Post is stickied in the Homebrew Apps section.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok thanx. i check it out. QuickInstall is much easier .