Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all. Is anyone working on a DVR Recorder App for Directv? This would be very useful for setting up my home DVR to record my favorite shows. This is currently possible from m.directv.com using the Pre's web browser. However, the text is small and it is not very user friendly.

To those wonderful programmers out there looking for their next project, please take on this one.

Comments?
    I second this.
    This would be a very useful app.
    Hopefully we will see someone try and develop this.
    only problem i see is that DirecTV really doesnt provide an API for accessing their systems so you may have to wait for DirecTV to release an App like they did for the Apple App Store
  4.    #4  
    You can currently use the DVR recorder by going to m.directv.com. Couldn't someone come up with even a web based app with large buttons that fits the pre's screen perfectly that uses the web? Just a thought. I have no problems recording shows using the m.directv.com link, however, it just doesn't look "slick." Same for Netflix. Before someone developed a homebrew netflix app (quick queue) I was just using the web. Quck Queue is just plain AWESOME!!! An app like that for directv would be SWEET!
    Any news on this app?
    This would be an awesome app that would always come in handy.
    how about a tivo app?
    I know this is off topic... but I've never understood this feature. Can't you just chose the shows you want to watch in advance and then it automatically records all the episodes of it?

Though, if you use the feature an app like this still sounds helpful.
    say if you are on the road, and your buddy/signifcant other/sibling/etc etc wants to watch a show, but you did not set your DVR...

From there, you schedual the show on your mobile device

pretty useful in my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    say if you are on the road, and your buddy/signifcant other/sibling/etc etc wants to watch a show, but you did not set your DVR...

From there, you schedual the show on your mobile device

pretty useful in my opinion
    Yeah, I guess it makes sense, I just have everything I'd ever want to watch already set to record myself so wouldn't ever need anything like that, but I guess if you have other usage patterns it would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I guess it makes sense, I just have everything I'd ever want to watch already set to record myself so wouldn't ever need anything like that, but I guess if you have other usage patterns it would be helpful.
    And you have never learned of something new that you want to record that will air before you are home or have access to a computer?

I would love to have TIVO setup available on my phone. I am not into watching stuff on the phone (screen is too small and battery is not up to it), but I would like to be able to set up (or change) recordings on the fly!
    just go to direct tv on ur phone
    just go to direct tv on ur phone
    Definitely not the same.
    Sometimes your in an area where data transfers arent so great, and your browser takes for ever to load.
    An app would just be so much simpler and faster.

+1 for this app.
    I was looking in to try to write this, but DirecTV already has an app (something with Football) in the catalog, which means they will probably release their own version of this eventually. There is a probably a better chance of getting it made by emailing DirecTV and asking for it, IMO.
    Well if direct is working on some apps (possibly) then someone can hook up a dish network version, for us dish guys...lol. I currently go online thru the browser to do it, but an app would be much cleaner and easier, I would imagine....
    Actually the other guys just came out with an app for dish. I guess its in the app store now.. It is called DISH Remote Access App. Anyone care to try and match something like it??
    One of the first apps i downloaded was the directv app. I can set my dvr from my phone. it's awesome.
    Sure enough, there is a DirecTV app in the catalog. I didn't see this before.

It's called "DIRECTV"
    Yeah, you direct guys have had that for awhile. I want the Dish Network version.. I would think that it would be possible, especially since the icrap has it now...
    The DIRECTV app is pretty slick. Easier to use than their web interface. However, it only supports live programming, and not the Directv on Demand stuff.

I hope they add DOD to the app, as I am often scheduling those online, as doing it via the receiver is a bit cumbersome.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    The DIRECTV app is pretty slick. Easier to use than their web interface. However, it only supports live programming, and not the Directv on Demand stuff.

I hope they add DOD to the app, as I am often scheduling those online, as doing it via the receiver is a bit cumbersome.
    What do you mean? Do you want it to download the DOD stuff to your receiver? So when you get home it would be on the box?
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast