1.    #1  
    Hi, i live in canada, and "surprisingly" sprint navigation isn't included...

I'm not sure if sprint navigation is simply a software made by sprint, that relies on gps, and the internet, Or if it actually requires the sprint network..,

Which brings me to my request:

could anyone post the ipk to sprint navigation, so i could install it like an homebrew app? Then i could check and see.

Thank You...

Nima
    The program provided by Sprint is actually Telenav. Telenav requires a subscription fee, it's just that Sprint is kind enough to pay this fee on behalf of subscribers who have their unlimited plans. I would assume you'd just have to get a subscription through Telenav or your phone provider to have it on your phone, I believe Telenav is available in Canada on Bell.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    The program provided by Sprint is actually Telenav. Telenav requires a subscription fee, it's just that Sprint is kind enough to pay this fee on behalf of subscribers who have their unlimited plans. I would assume you'd just have to get a subscription through Telenav or your phone provider to have it on your phone, I believe Telenav is available in Canada on Bell.
    o, i see...

Yea, bell charges 10 bucks a month for the gps, which is a rip when you can buy a better gps with no subscription for 100 bucks...
    well the thing is is that you may be able to get a GPS for 100 but you may have to update maps which will be expensive. the 10 telenav fee allows you to have constant updated maps with traffic info

since they already have a form of telenav on the pre I imagine thats what they use for Bell's GPS
    Could somebody post this ipk so that I may at least try it on my phone? Regardless of any subscription requirement, I want to see what it would do.

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    ...which is a rip when you can buy a better gps with no subscription for 100 bucks...
    I'd be quite shocked if I found a $100 GPS unit that spoke turn by turn directions with street names, had maps that were automatically updated, and could poll traffic data and reroute you automatically.

I know there are GPS units that can do it, and I know there are $100 GPS nav units, but I've yet to see one that was both.