1.    #1  
    I have a SMS tone patch on my pre and i want to remove it because it doesnt work and it has causes my pre some issues. only problem is.. i dont know how to do that. anyone know how?

i was reading about quilt popping or something but i dont know what that is.
    I searched and found:

Quilt backs up your files before a push."Quilt pop -f" will restore the originals, assuming you used quilt to push the patch and didn't edit the files manually.

And then after the "qulit pop -f", do a "quilt delete /opt/src/patches/<patch>" if you want to remove it from the quilt series so that a "push -a" will not reapply it later.

If that doesn't work, then reinstall the stock files manually with
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    If you can see my signature, click on it. It is a link to a post explaining a little bit about patches. And more importantly, it has links to the webosinternals pages.

But, if you don't know what quilt is you need to figure out how the patch became installed and uninstall it. Every method of installation needs to have a reverse method available so you should try that first.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 08/29/2009 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    If you can see my signature, click on it. It is a link to a post explaining a little bit about patches. And more importantly, it has links to the webosinternals pages.

But, if you don't know what quilt is you need to figure out how the patch became installed and uninstall it. Every method of installation needs to have a reverse method available so you should try that first.
    Is that a joke or are you serious about the signature thing because I can't see it?
    Last edited by Abyssul; 08/29/2009 at 02:51 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    It is funny. But its called being in the mobile forums and not knowing certain things. Like is my signature being posted, and does the OP have enough posts to see it. I edited the post with the full forum loaded and you can see it now.