Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions on the article the patch dowloads and says it installs.

I reboot, no keyboard. I check, packaged says it's installed. I remove it, reboot. Reinstall via WebOS Quick install. Nothing.

For some reason it's not being applied to my Pre.

Also, the pre got ridiculously slow. I pulled the battery, tried again, and eventually unintalled Preware, and the package handler, as well as the keyboard.

I'm waiting on a 4 minute reboot (frustrating) and hopefully at the very least the speed of the Pre returns the normal.

And it has (returned to normal speed). So on MY Pre there is an install issue.

Can anyone help me trouble shoot this, and has anyone else reported this issue. I will try this again and report back, but like the download from browser not working, I'm expecting this to remain not working.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    This is what I did.

Install the latest webos install

Click third button and select webos internals (all)

select and install manager services

Click third button and select webos internals (all)

select and install preware

Next, open preware on the phone and select virtual keyboard and hit install

The phone should reboot

Once the keyboard is installed, you can only access it when you when you are able to type. ex. text, email, browser

Good luck
    When you ran this did you hook pre to pc b4 you open quick install?...n which did you choose on pre's connect? Just charge? Or usb drive?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Of course it installed fine on my wifes. Which leads me to believe there is a corrupt file somewhere on my Pre.

I really don't want to hard reset, but it looks like I don't have much of choice at this point.

The only difference I can think of with mine and hers is that I have autocorrect installed. I may try removing that first.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbillz6302 View Post
    When you ran this did you hook pre to pc b4 you open quick install?...n which did you choose on pre's connect? Just charge? Or usb drive?
    First you need to put the phone in developer mode.

then hook the phone to pc.

then run the file i mentioned in the above post.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the first time the Pre was connected first to the PC then I opened quick install, it was in just charge mode.

On subsequent tries I am not sure if it was connected first.

I did it per the above instructions with no reboot between installs and it still didn't work, I'm going to uninstall everything again, and reinstall one more time. But I think there is some other issue.

Thanks for the help.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure the first time the Pre was connected first to the PC then I opened quick install, it was in just charge mode.

On subsequent tries I am not sure if it was connected first.

I did it per the above instructions with no reboot between installs and it still didn't work, I'm going to uninstall everything again, and reinstall one more time. But I think there is some other issue.

Thanks for the help.
    So all I need to do is download webos quick install? (which version) Then I'm can start ur process?...have any idea where can get quick install from(link) it from?
    Does any one know a way to get a flash player on this pre... Notice you can watch web video's or access certain pages?
    Im having the same issue...where do I get the new version of webOS quick install 2.01? Is there a link?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm kind of running into problems trying to get preware to work. When I installed it and tried to open up preware it comes up with "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running"
    It then tells me to push ok which subsequentley does not do anything. I had the pre hooked up before I opened up webos quick install and it was in developer mode. Any ideas? Don't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks for any help
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    It shows the virtual keyboard as being installed, it reboots like it installs it, just when I double tap nothing happens.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    btw, don't worry about hijacking, hopefully our issues are more widespread and there is a bug and an update coming. I don't consider the keyboard essential, which is why I haven't done a hard reset, but I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT TO WORK. If it comes down to a hard reset I will do it but I'm hoping this is more than a few random Pre's and a fix comes out with an update.

As I said in the article comments on the virtual keyboard, the homebrew developers are doing great work, and all the tweaks and apps are really appreciated.
    Anyone notice you cnt watch web video's on pre bc no flashplayer...any options? And where can I get the lastest quick install download?..and with an updated pc do I need to install install doc... Or novcom also? Or just simply quick install? Plz someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyvt View Post
    I'm kind of running into problems trying to get preware to work. When I installed it and tried to open up preware it comes up with "org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running"
    It then tells me to push ok which subsequentley does not do anything. I had the pre hooked up before I opened up webos quick install and it was in developer mode. Any ideas? Don't mean to hijack the thread. Thanks for any help
    That means you did not follow the installation instructions correctly, and have neglected to first install the Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    It shows the virtual keyboard as being installed, it reboots like it installs it, just when I double tap nothing happens.

Please read the instructions for the Virtual Keyboard to see how to make it appear. (Hint: there is no icon, and clicking it in Preware is not related).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbillz6302 View Post
    Anyone notice you cnt watch web video's on pre bc no flashplayer...any options? And where can I get the lastest quick install download?..and with an updated pc do I need to install install doc... Or novcom also? Or just simply quick install? Plz someone help?
    Palm Pre does not support Flash currently. Adobe has announced it will be ready with a full version of flash for mobile phones sometime in October. They will have it for the Pre. I'm Hoping we get it shortly after its ready, but it could take palm awhile to get it out. Until then No Flash.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    After that, you can double-tap the gesture area whenever you see a cursor on screen (it won't just work anywhere, so you can use it to start Universal Search, for example).
    Are the instructions more in depth than that,

Thanks for then help, I posted the screen shot as an example that it was installed.

I'm a little frustrated so my first instinct is to be rude, but I'm not going to be.

But, I'm also not stupid, and I did note it was working on my wifes Pre.

Funny thing is, I went to sleep, woke up and the keyboard was on the screen. I cannot get it back. It opened (apparently) when I received a ton of IMs. This screams BUG to me.