1.    #1  
    There are different places to access the Palm Pre and I was hoping to get some help...?

I have windows xp btw.

These 3 places whats the difference?
    -command prompt I can access the pre by typing "palm-install -l"
    -"novacom -t open tty://" this is the root castle (within command prompt)
    -also the novaterm app.. what is this and why would i use this instead of just typing "novacom -t open tty://" in command prompt?

im sorry if I am using terms wrong.
    thanks for the help
    M Bruce
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    use the novacom -t tty:// to access the linux. After that make sure you follow
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Follow those steps exactly, and you'll be on your way. If you need help, post back.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    use the novacom -t tty:// to access the linux. After that make sure you follow
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Follow those steps exactly, and you'll be on your way. If you need help, post back.
    You should really use Putty, just go through webosinternals and you will find how to set it up.
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
  4.    #4  
    I did follow the directions... i got all the way to entering an IP for putty.. but i could never get it to connect.. evdo or wifi.

So can i just get access with command prompt? because novacom has no copy and paste.