Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is even possible with the current bluetooth profile, but my last phone (dumbphone) had a "remote control" feature, so I could use it as a mouse via bluetooth and could control my laptop.

Anyone know if this is something that could be developed? Or do we have to wait for Palm to update the bluetooth profile? Or is the hardware not advanced enough (doubt it, as my dumbphone couldn't even do A2DP).
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    so does no one else need/want this?
    bump..i do. Doing it over wifi is not useful when trying to use it when travelling outside of your home. bluetooth much more efficient and easier.
    What would be REALLY cool is if this Bluetooth remote control could also control your PS3 menus via Bluetooth. Windows + PS3 functionality would be a god send.
    +1 for a bluetooth remote that would allow me to control my ps3
    +1
    []
    Not possible currently. The bluetooth API is extremely limited, not supporting HID devices, file transfers, etc.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Not possible currently. The bluetooth API is extremely limited, not supporting HID devices, file transfers, etc.
    Is this possible now?

Would love to utilise the Pre3 as a mouse over Bluetooth.

Cannot get any current software to work!
    If I'm not mistaken, I -think- that they do provide a profile for it, but actually making use of that is a completely different story entirely.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: