Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    how can I remove this patch?

if anyone knows, can someone please provide me with step by step to remove it.

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Let me look and see what is causing it to what looks like to queue the messages when the display is off. It will take me a little bit. I am going to test one of the current patches to make sure it isn't doing it too. If you want to remove them, just do as I posted in one of the previous messages:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/conttactone.patch
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/contact-multione.patch
    quilt push -a -f
    reboot
    Need different SMS tones for contacts? Well take a look here...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    Disable annoying notifications in calls....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1863116

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I checked the new version on both my phone and my g/f's. They worked correctly on each. Let me know if you experience any other issues.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    Let me look and see what is causing it to what looks like to queue the messages when the display is off. It will take me a little bit. I am going to test one of the current patches to make sure it isn't doing it too. If you want to remove them, just do as I posted in one of the previous messages:

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/conttactone.patch
    quilt delete /opt/src/patches/contact-multione.patch
    quilt push -a -f
    reboot
    Ikyo,

so this will remove the patch completely?
    It is also giving me issues, so I rather just remove it.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    That will remove it completely, but I put a new version up this morning that corrected the screen off issue that I saw. It also corrects the wakeup from suspend issue.

i did everything and still the contact message tones are not working the main notification tone is working
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yaneditors View Post
    i did everything and still the contact message tones are not working the main notification tone is working
    same here... only get the main tone for contacts, not the one I set just for that contact. Bright side is that I do now get notifications when in sleep, so that is working, its just not using the tone set for the contact. Could it be that multiple contacts are linked to it? The only other 'patch' I have is the browser download patch, but many files have been mod'd including the messaging files for avatar images and put it on left, but that shouldn't be a problem. Which files are changed with this patch?
    I have installed the latest patches correctly and I don't get any tones when I get a text message, not even the notification.

heres the patches I have installed:
    Code:
    /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    /opt/src/patches/contacttone.patch
    /opt/src/patches/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads110.patch
    Palm Pilot m100 --> Alltel Razr V3c --> Alltel HTC PPC6800(Mogul) --> Alltel HTC Touch Pro --> Alltel Rokr Z6M --> Alltel Palm Pre

Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
    http://i30.tinypic.com/2iu733d.jpg
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you are familiar enough with Linux/Pre, you can do this from the command prompt:

Code:
    initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    export HOME=/var/home/root
    LunaSysMgr
    Now this will run LunaSysMgr into the foreground. It will show the current information it is getting. It will show you like the incoming # it is reading plus the tone you have set. Once you are done collecting output, you will press control-c and then

Code:
    initctl start LunaSysMgr
    If you can put that output up on pastebin and send me a link that would be great. I don't need a lot of output just a couple of attempts of where people aren't working. I want to make sure that it is getting the number in correctly.

In regards to no message tones, I have 0 idea what would cause that unless you selected like a ringtone or some long tone for your message tone. Remember this will play ALL of the tone not just part. Did you get any errors when installing the patches? I am just at a loss because most people are getting everything okay except some minor quirks that I will need to track down.

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Yan and Elryon,

Please also do this test for me:

Have the person that tone isn't working call you from the same number they are sending the text from. See if the phone properly displays the caller's name or just displays the number. The query that this uses is the exact same that is used for the Caller ID. If it does, then I will troubleshoot it a little more to see what I can track down. If it doesn't, then there is another issue related to the contact.

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Yan and Elryon,

Please also do this test for me:

Have the person that tone isn't working call you from the same number they are sending the text from. See if the phone properly displays the caller's name or just displays the number. The query that this uses is the exact same that is used for the Caller ID. If it does, then I will troubleshoot it a little more to see what I can track down. If it doesn't, then there is another issue related to the contact.
    The ringer had always worked and came up right, I set up the process you had in your previous post and was going to take a screenshot of it, but now its working... will try after disabling luna in foreground.....
    yep still works.. not sure what happened, had even rebooted and wouldnt work.. now it does..
    spoke to soon.. now its using the tone I set for my contact as the default, sent a txt from the sprint website and it used the contacts tone, not the default.
    Last edited by elryon; 08/29/2009 at 01:11 PM.
    well it works but its only playing one tone for all contacts instead of one for each how can this be fixed
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    The ringer had always worked and came up right, I set up the process you had in your previous post and was going to take a screenshot of it, but now its working... will try after disabling luna in foreground.....
    yep still works.. not sure what happened, had even rebooted and wouldnt work.. now it does..
    spoke to soon.. now its using the tone I set for my contact as the default, sent a txt from the sprint website and it used the contacts tone, not the default.
    So it is or isn't working?

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    is and is not... it will still only use one tone for all. After/while debugging, that was the contacts. Now after debugging again and restarting luna, its back to using only the default tone for all.... will pm with a link to the output. hope it helps.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    It will help out a ton because it will let me see what it is doing. How are you testing it? If you are using the Sprint website for the message, it won't always come up the same. I tested it on my phone 4 times and got like 2 unknowns and the other two 1234.

anything yet on seperate contact tones?
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    is and is not... it will still only use one tone for all. After/while debugging, that was the contacts. Now after debugging again and restarting luna, its back to using only the default tone for all.... will pm with a link to the output. hope it helps.
    I parsed what you sent me and sent you a PM back with the information the script is telling me. Can you verify that you entered the tone in correctly and have an entry for those 2 numbers?

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yaneditors View Post
    anything yet on seperate contact tones?
    What do you mean anything yet? What issues are you having and can you please supply me with some sample data so I can parse it through?

The script is also smart in which it will not delay an incoming message for very long trying to get a contact tone. It also will not queue a ton of queries back to back. So it will fail and default to the global tone if the query takes too long or it is getting a ton of requests.

What do you mean anything yet? What issues are you having and can you please supply me with some sample data so I can parse it through?

The script is also smart in which it will not delay an incoming message for very long trying to get a contact tone. It also will not queue a ton of queries back to back. So it will fail and default to the global tone if the query takes too long or it is getting a ton of requests.
    this is what i came up with

root@castle:/# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt pop -a -f
    Removing patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    Removing usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    Removing usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-popup.html
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-scene.html
    Removing usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs

Removing patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    Restoring usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_qwertz.json
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_azerty.json
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table.json
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    Removing usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/kbchars_fulltable.json
    Restoring usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

Removing patch /opt/src/patches/message-orientation.patch
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

Removing patch /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Removing patch /opt/src/patches/contacttone.patch
    Removing usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs

Removing patch /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Restoring usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

No patches applied
    root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt delete /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    Removed patch /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    Importing patch /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.pa
    tch
    Importing patch /opt/src/patches/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/contacttone.patch exists. Replace with -f.
    root@castle:/# quilt push -a -f
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/controllers/soundsalertsconfig-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/models/SystemService.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.soundsandalerts/app/views/soundsalertsconfig/soundsalertsconfig-scene.html

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/contact-multitone.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/notification-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 976 (offset 14 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/contacttone.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/edit-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/controllers/filepicker-behaviors.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/lists-fake.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/message-forwarding.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 1483 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 1509 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 2165 (offset 5 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 22 with fuzz 2 (offset 14 lines).

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/message-orientation.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 386 (offset -5 lines).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 823 (offset -7 lines).

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_azerty.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_qwertz.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/kbchars_fulltable.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/stylesheets/browser.css
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-popup.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html

Now at patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    root@castle:/# initctl stop LunaSysMgr && initctl start LunaSysMgr
    (15828/780718989) LunaSysMgr (stop) running, process 14681
    (15828/781298823) LunaSysMgr (stop) pre-stop, (main) process 14681
    (15828/781665034) LunaSysMgr (stop) stopping, process 14681
    (15828/801196284) LunaSysMgr (stop) killed, process 14681
    (15828/939929195) LunaSysMgr (stop) post-stop
    (15828/940356441) LunaSysMgr (stop) waiting
    (15828/985736079) LunaSysMgr (start) waiting
    (15828/987322993) LunaSysMgr (start) starting
    (15828/989581294) LunaSysMgr (start) pre-start, process 15245
    (15829/131030269) LunaSysMgr (start) spawned, process 15247
    (15829/132739253) LunaSysMgr (start) post-start, (main) process 15247
    (15829/133959956) LunaSysMgr (start) running, process 15247
    root@castle:/#

and it works but my sister texted me and i got her sound and then 2 mins later my wife texted me and the same sound was used i went to her contact and the sound i picked was there but it played my sister's sound
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    tone is set for contact, but it is one of the last contacts in a loooong list (easily close to 150 contacts, some with multiple linked profiles.) maybe it's just taking too long.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast