Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 LastLast
    That terminology is way above my pay grade So I guess I may have to doctor it - but I don't want to lose my text message history. I really wanted the separate sounds for contacts for SMS... as I could before 1.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I could never get anything to delete using WOSQI. I had to novaterm in and rm the file.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    That terminology is way above my pay grade So I guess I may have to doctor it - but I don't want to lose my text message history. I really wanted the separate sounds for contacts for SMS... as I could before 1.3.1
    another option:
    with wosqi.. go to Tools.. Linux Command Line....
    then copy paste this and hit enter:

rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.html

that should delete it... it worked on my emulator when the regular delete file wouldn't (after placing the file there with winscp), then I was able to install the patch fine..
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    YOU DAH MANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was finally able to delete that pesky file, and then have SMS tones per contact working again. In fact, the same tones I had assigned to individuals were still there from the way they were before I upgraded to 1.3.1.

This forum is GREAT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    another option:

that should delete it... it worked on my emulator when the regular delete file wouldn't (after placing the file there with winscp), then I was able to install the patch fine..
    I just donated to your cause.... again, thanks a million

another option:

this is the third LONG thread regarding this patch (the other two are in the patch forum). You have a lot of fans Elryon!

Yes, the above worked for me as well as I mentioned in the other threads. WOOT!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I cannot get this patch to work since I upgraded to 1.3.1. Is there a trick I'm missing? It's a GREAT patch.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mgpirri View Post
    I cannot get this patch to work since I upgraded to 1.3.1. Is there a trick I'm missing? It's a GREAT patch.
    what is the error your getting? specifically, if ipkg log .. what hunks?
    also, check what other patches you have especially any alert notification patches or sound alert patches...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

So,
    This is Elryon's girlfriend, (and before you start!)

Just wanted to give a big "Thank You!" to everyone who has donated to Elryon. He works really hard on these patches. I stopped asking "whatcha doin' NOW?" a long time ago, because he was telling me. And I don't have a clue what he's talking about. The extent of my involvement is "Yep. That's cute." or "No, not so much."

But ANYWAY, I just wanted to thank you all very much, because when he's bouncing around our apartment going "I got another donation!" like a giddy schoolboy... it's -almost- worth giving up the time with him.

But don't think that I'm going to just let him off. We have to SHARE, understand?
    Share.

Thanks again! =D

(*crosses fingers this won't get deleted for being unrelated, at least until he's able to see it =P*)

-LadyKitsune, Elryon's gf.

((And YES this is copied and pasted to a few of his threads. Don't get into a huff. I wasn't going to retype this eighteen times. Sheesh!))
    This patch never works for me. It installs fine, but I never get any text alerts. Actually if i set seperate tones for people it works, but the universal tone i set doesn't.
    Last edited by redninja; 11/25/2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I have discovered a problem that may be associated with this patch, but I haven't found any other reference to it.

The update to 1.3.1 provided the ability to change the SMS notification sound from the System sound to a ringtone, and it works fine for me.

With this patch installed, however, even after I change the notification sound to a ringtone, I still get the System sound when an SMS is received. If I remove the patch, the selected ringtone functions normally again.

There are no other notification-related patches on the device. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Did you go into the sound and ringtones and change your tone? That is wierd because you should have a separate option for message sound. Have you did a restart?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I had changed the SMS notification in Messaging>Preferences & Accounts, but not in Sounds & Ringtones. Dumb mistake.

Problem now solved. Many thanks.
    what is the error your getting? specifically, if ipkg log .. what hunks?
    also, check what other patches you have especially any alert notification patches or sound alert patches...
    Im also not able to install it.. gsm pre 1.3.1

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1002
    1out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/appmodels/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$

does this help to locate my issue?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    Im also not able to install it.. gsm pre 1.3.1

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1002
    1out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/appmodels/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs.$rej$

does this help to locate my issue?
    first thing to check is any other messaging patches you may have or any other sounds/alerts patches... don't think the files are different, but they may be.. haven't looked at a the code in the gsm version....
    Call Rejecter Patch
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I had changed the SMS notification in Messaging>Preferences & Accounts, but not in Sounds & Ringtones. Dumb mistake.

Problem now solved. Many thanks.
    You are welcome!
    Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem installing this patch after 1.3.5. I REALLY miss this patch...

Thanks!
    Yep, not working for me either.
    The messaging notification.jsjsjs $file$ $has$ $some$ $major$ $changes$ $in$ $the$ $last$ $part$. $Everything$ $else$ $was$ $fine$ $up$ $till$ $that$ $point$. $Once$ $someone$ $fixes$ $or$ $can$ $understand$ $the$ $new$ $lines$ $in$ $that$ $part$ $it$ $can$ $be$ $fixed$.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    mine's not working either

my ipkg log says hunk #7 failed at 323. not sure what that means.

I took off all other messaging patches too and did the sms one first and still wouldn't go
    mines not working either