Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    the patch is looking to patch lines that it can't find.
    Has any one had success in installing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    Has any one had success in installing it?

The wrong one was uploaded to Preware 1.3.1-13. The new one has been uploaded and should be there soon.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    The wrong one was uploaded to Preware 1.3.1-13. The new one has been uploaded and should be there soon.
    How long does it take from being uploaded to being there soon? Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdshadley View Post
    How long does it take from being uploaded to being there soon? Thank you.
    Took almost 24 hours last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Took almost 24 hours last time.
    Thanks! I try it tomorrow.
    I miss this patch the most
    When will Pre get some cool tones, for message alerts. Coworker just got the Verizon Droid (new phone) and has all these cool sounds when texts come in, missed call, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkarle2 View Post
    When will Pre get some cool tones, for message alerts. Coworker just got the Verizon Droid (new phone) and has all these cool sounds when texts come in, missed call, etc.
    go download your own...there are tons of free sites and I have quite a few. My favorite is the Wii menu sound. I use that for emails and either the Jestson's Doorbell or the Orbitz sound for SMS...
    New version is up in Preware and it s works great.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    go download your own...there are tons of free sites and I have quite a few. My favorite is the Wii menu sound. I use that for emails and either the Jestson's Doorbell or the Orbitz sound for SMS...
    what web sight did you go for those tones ?
    You might try Beemp3.com - MP3 Search & Free MP3 Downloads. They've always had what I was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    what web sight did you go for those tones ?
    Try a google search...you will get hits-galore whenyou type free ringtones.

my favorite is Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone | Zedge
    I'm pretty new I had this patch before the most recent update and uninstalled it to do the update. I keep getting an error when I try to intall this patch. Pleas help I miss it!!!!

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_natural View Post
    I'm pretty new I had this patch before the most recent update and uninstalled it to do the update. I keep getting an error when I try to intall this patch. Pleas help I miss it!!!!

thanks
    As I understand SMS Tone per Contact no longer functions under 1.3.1...or at least I haven't got it to work. Search for "Select Alert and Notification" in Preware under List Everything and try that. There's a separate thread discussion for that patch.

Can anyone post a link to that thread in case others stumble upon this subject?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    the sms per contact patch in preware should be working now... if your getting an error, please post what that is. For some the old patch did not uninstall correctly or left a file it created... (maybe they didn't uninstall before update... )
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    i got it to work! i had the other patch for notifications install, once i removed it the sms per contact installed!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    the sms per contact patch in preware should be working now... if your getting an error, please post what that is. For some the old patch did not uninstall correctly or left a file it created... (maybe they didn't uninstall before update... )
    How can I send the ipkg log from the phone?

TIA
    Rick
    Tried to delete the following file using WebOSQuickinstall 2.72 to no avail. Any ideas?
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.contacts/app/views/edit/msgtones.htm
    I could never get anything to delete using WOSQI. I had to novaterm in and rm the file.