Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm running WebOSQuickInstallApp on Mac OS X and I was able to install a bunch of great tweaks and custom apps on my phone. I installed 'Seperate SMS Tones for Each Contact' on here but unfortunately it seems to have taken all notification away. My phone does not vibrate or tone out when I get messages. Can you uninstall tweaks through the WebOSQuickInstall GUI or will I have to use some kind of command line interface?
    search for [autopatch] sms tone and use that thread instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by jblacken View Post
    Did a little research and found that the default notification files are found in: /./usr/palm/sounds/ I have attached them below :
    First, I want to say thank you again for getting the original .wav sounds.

However, I used Internalz to look at the location that you listed.

It seems the original .wav sounds are still there, they were never removed or deleted.

So the problem or question is:

Once this patch is installed, if you changed the sounds to something else, your only option is to pick the sounds from the Ringtones directory located in the user partition that is accessible via the USB connection.

But if you want to go back to the original .wav sound (example to go back to the alert.wav sound file) you have no way of selecting that file, since it's located in an inaccessible directory.

As a suggestion: I think the patch should have an option to use the default sounds. Maybe just a simple button to reset these fields.

Right now, since you set me a copy of the original files, my only option is to copy them to the Ringtones directory.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I agree that the patch should have an option to revert to the default sounds. That would be a terrific enhancement.....
    this is the wrong thread for discussing the sms tone per contact patch found in preware and webos-quickinstall. The correct thread is in the patches forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    PalmPreNutt. This is an alpha patch that's still in the development process. For the safety of your Pre I recommend you wait until the app being developed called "PreWare" comes out that allows you to push-button-install patches.

To resolve this situation, however, simply open a fresh ssh windows and type the following line for line.

mount -o remount,rw /
    cd /opt/src/modifications/
    git pull
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f <--*Don't copy* stop here if you just want to delete patches*

quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/soundsandalerts/message-tone-sounds-and-alerts.patch
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/contacts/contacttone.patch
    quilt push -a -f

quilt applied <--*Don't copy* make sure they're all listed.
    I know enough about Linux to see why this is not working for me, but don't know enough about quilt to know how to fix it.

Following the steps listed above (until I get to the first failure), this is what I get:
    Code:
    root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    root@castle:/# cd /opt/src/modifications
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt pop -a -f
    No patch removed
    root@castle:/# quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch
    Patch /opt/src/modifications/messaging/contact-multitone.patch does not exist
    root@castle:/#
    It's obvious to me that the "git pull" command is not bringing down the patches, but I don't know why.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    this is the wrong thread for discussing the sms tone per contact patch found in preware and webos-quickinstall. The correct thread is in the patches forum.
    I'm so sorry but can you post the link to the proper link?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Did I miss something? Where is the starting point for this patch? I am using the quick install and can not find it.
    read somewhere that this patch doe not work with 1.3.1 ..can someone confirm/deny?

Also, IKYO: Could you please update the patch if so? This is a very useful patch!!
  10. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the webOS 1.3.1 update and now I can't seem to download the SMS Toner Per Contact patch from Preware....I'm getting and error that says to see the IPKG log and I have no clue what any of that means in the log. Is this patch no longer compatible with the new update or do I need to root my Pre to get it to work?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    not compatible...

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...iscussion.html

please update ASAP, this was a great patch
    yes, asap would be grateful...

I loved this patch
  13. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    +1 Love it! Need it!
    Yes please update, missing it already...
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    This was the best patch and I'm really missing it...please update!
    Just need to change the contact tone since Palm has added the option to change the main tone for messaging. Please fix, I will be happy to test.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

yes please.....need it
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    just tried using the updated patch, fails on the notification assistan.jsjsjs $assuming$ $its$ $something$ $with$ $the$ $patch$ $itself$ $or$ $a$ $compatibility$ $issue$... $Although$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $have$ $any$ $other$ $patches$ $that$ $alter$ $notifications$.
    Quote Originally Posted by davenukem View Post
    just tried using the updated patch, fails on the notification assistan.jsjsjs $assuming$ $its$ $something$ $with$ $the$ $patch$ $itself$ $or$ $a$ $compatibility$ $issue$... $Although$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $have$ $any$ $other$ $patches$ $that$ $alter$ $notifications$.

Same here.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I would love for this to get updated to work with 1.3.1.