1.    #1  
    Would it be possible to create an app that would send a preset message to anyone that sends you a text? Like an away message for texting. So if you are busy and can't send a text, you could set it to send an auto response saying "i'm busy, cant talk" or "i'm driving". I saw the "Quick Text" app and wondered if it could be implemented into that app maybe?
    It is quite possible, but it's just a matter of when the app is created. Give it time or make a request.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    The thing I really need with texting is the ability to send the same text to multiple contacts at one time.

Like being able to send a mass text to my friends saying , "Come down to the club tonight and check out this great band."

This was a standard feature on my last 4 phones that I dearly miss.

Hook it up Homebrewers!

(Is there a place to make an official request???)
    Last edited by Freshyz; 08/27/2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    The thing I really need with texting is the ability to send the same text to multiple contacts at one time.

Like being able to send a mass text to my friends saying , "Come down to the club tonight and check out this great band."

This was a standard feature on my last 4 phones that I dearly miss.

Hook it up Homebrewers!

(Is there a place to make an official request???)
    Wait, that's already an option.. When you're in the text screen, type one name, click it from the drop down, then start typing another name, click that one, etc, etc.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Wait, that's already an option.. When you're in the text screen, type one name, click it from the drop down, then start typing another name, click that one, etc, etc.
    Oh ya you right... Never even tried that thank you.
    Was too used to having a box next to contacts name to 'check' while going down the list. That way was a little faster but very cool I can do this regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Oh ya you right... Never even tried that thank you.
    Was too used to having a box next to contacts name to 'check' while going down the list. That way was a little faster but very cool I can do this regardless.
    Hahaha. No problem.. At first, I was a little confused on that too (looking for that little icon). But I said eff it, started typing away and figured it out. :P
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Hahaha. No problem.. At first, I was a little confused on that too (looking for that little icon). But I said eff it, started typing away and figured it out. :P
    Actually now that I'm playing with that option, it's hella easy to just tap the contact icon, scroll to contacts needed and load up the "TO:" section with multiple contacts.
    Ahhhyaaa, just when I thought I knew all the little tricks a new one is revealed to me. Thnx again!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    If I need to send the same message to a bunch of people I just use twitter
    the best thing i have found is dktext,com all you have to have is a url. The price is reasonable at $25 per month
    I agree with Juan. I've been using DKText.com and I have NO complaints! They even have an "open door" policy that allows you to make requests or submit ideas to make their service better. I've asked for a couple of new ideas to be implemented, and they DID implement them! In fact, they began working on creating my solutions within 24 hours! Seriously. You can't find a better place for a text message solution in my book!
    Also, I forgot to mention, like Juan said, all you need is a domain name, and you're good to go. They will host it for you on their server! Since your customers will be texting your domain name, be sure to keep it short!
    Last edited by textfreak; 12/10/2009 at 02:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I still think a mass texting option should be created. Just so this option reaches a bigger spectrum, maybe it should be for email as well, but the system knows which one to use based on if you are in the message app or email app. If you use the email a lot on the pre, at makes sense to be able to forward a good joke to a contact "group" rather than selecting them individually.
    Back to the topic of the thread -- I think it would be pretty nice to have an auto-responder for text messages. =]
    Guess what?!?!?! DKText.com is now free!!! And it is a mass text messaging (aka bulk text) option. All you have to have is a domain name. If you don't have one buy one and DKText.com will host it for you. They even have a way that you can actually update your website text from your phone via SMS!!! All FREE!!!