1.    #1  
    AFTER TRYING TO TETHER MY PRE, MY LAPTOP WILL NOLONGER GO ONLINE. Sorry about the caps. When I connect ti my wireless router it seems ok but nothing is being received. In the url, every search is beginning with "jar:file" instead of "http:// " If you know anything @ this please contact me ASAP cuz I'm freaking out!!!
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/27/2009 at 10:51 PM.
    Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Mine use to do this too for some reason. I use a usb connection to WiFi from my PC to a neighbors router. I just unplugged the adapter and plugged back in and was back online...

However, since I've installed 'Filecoaster', it no longer disables my net connection when I connect my Pre back in. I have no idea why just glad it's working correctly now...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadCircus View Post
    Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer?
    Thanks for replying. Firefox. I'm connected to my wifi fine. My laptop, I never got my pre to tether. Um, so as I look at the wireless network connection it's sending the info but not receiving. I think I erased something from the wnc properties like "virtualbox something" directly under "Client for Microsoft Networks" . Any ideas, or do you happen to know of anybody who could.....so desperate. THANK you SO MUCH!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I connected to my teether and was successful but when I went to get back on wireless network my laptop wouldn't connect to any of my wirelss networks that I have.
    For Holley: Try the following commands by opening up the command prompt:

Code:
    ipconfig /release
    Code:
    ipconfig /renew
    Code:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    Code:
    ipconfig /registerdns
    Let me know if those commands work at all for you.

As for Franca, if you are unable to connect to any wireless networks, try to flip the wireless receiver button off on your laptop and then flip it back on. See if that helps you out any.