1.    #1  
    I tried searching for this already

I want to remove the patch for text forwarding. there was one thread on it already and i tried both things that were suggested (quilt pop and someone else posted a code to restore the files back to normal) but neither of them worked.

Anyone want to inform me on how to get rid of this (and any other patches) without webos doctor if there is even a way?
    Yeah to remove th patch is quilt pop. In order to restore ur files would have to had saved ur original. There's a how to on here somewhere, you can alternately do by extracting webos doctor which I alwayz do I'll send you the link once I am home of the persons thread

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    Yeah to remove th patch is quilt pop. In order to restore ur files would have to had saved ur original. There's a how to on here somewhere, you can alternately do by extracting webos doctor which I alwayz do I'll send you the link once I am home of the persons thread
    quilt backs up your files before a push. quilt pop -f will restore the originals, assuming you used quilt to push the patch and didn't edit the files manually.

And then after the qulit pop -f, do a quilt delete /opt/src/patches/<patch> if you want to remove it from the quilt series so that a push -a will not reapply it later.
  4.    #4  
    so would i then do a quilt pop -f /opt/src/patches/<patch> to just remove one patch?
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

just go there, most people dont really need it since they already know what to do but just follow that

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmelish View Post
    so would i then do a quilt pop -f /opt/src/patches/<patch> to just remove one patch?

Yes that will restore all files touched by that patch.

If you also want quilt to forget about that patch after you pop it so that future quilt push's don't re-push the patch, do a quilte delete /opt/src/patches/<patch> after.
  7.    #7  
    emoney, i tried the quilt pop -f and it just keeps saying no patch removed, but it is still listed under quilt series and i can still forward messages (thats the patch im trying to remove). any explanation for this "no patch removed" message?

thanks again for the help guys, im new to the whole rooting thing, but ive been trying to figure out as much as i can through the forum before i post.
    im guessing because u already have the patched removed. but the files still have been tampered with.. so best thing to do is extract the webos doctor and transfer the files u need. u can ssh to transfer the files easily then a reboot would do just fine

9.    #9  
    thanks fritos, ill try that. can all the webos doctor extracting be done on a mac?
    yeah it can. i use 7zip to extract but ull have to download the mac version