Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there's an iPhone app. I was wondering if anyone could do one for the pre for those of us that play WoW. Here's a link to the armory The World of Warcraft Armory some where on there is a link to the iPhone app.
    I'm actually working on this in my spare time, opefully I'll have a demo available soon
  3.    #3  
    Cool! I can't wait to try it out.
    Keep in mind every non-official armoury Blizzard has sent cease and desist orders to.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    for now I am using armory-light, which is just a web site but works well. I would LOVE a mobile app like that on the iPhone and will gladly beta test!

Syzyrgy
    -lvl 80 Draenei Warrior
    Sisters of Elune
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Keep in mind every non-official armoury Blizzard has sent cease and desist orders to.
    doesn't surprise me! Blizz should make their app work on all phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS91572 View Post
    doesn't surprise me! Blizz should make their app work on all phones!
    I believe Apple pays them off, which is why I believe that Guild Chat Mobile app they talked about at Blizzcon will probably be iPhone-only, like their existing armory app and authenticator apps
    Right now I've completed the seqrch function its got bugs but I'll get it ironned out. As soon as I get the character viewer working I'll release it for testing, and I already have begun hasseling blizzard to allow this app, and modify their website a little so I don't have to use a hacked php xml dump I'm forced to use atm

Here is a little teaser, don't mind how ugly it is atm i have some ideas on paper, this is just to get it working so far.

That should be corred with the Armory atleast last time i checked it was, but i've seen some issues with whos actually number 1 and what not.... so it can be off slightly sometimes so far.
    Last edited by Phrozen; 08/30/2009 at 07:11 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Looks like you got it coming along. It would look nicer with white text on a black background, I think
    using palm-dark styling would be pretty nice too
    I think you're doing well with this app so far. Here's a couple suggestions for ya..

To display horde or alliance you should place a background image of the horde or alliance symbol behind each search result. The image could fade from left to ride and cut out reaching halfway, the other half could be the symbol for their class and fade from right to left. This would give you a little more room to display information. I think you should also remove searchRank# and place it on the top right of each search result as simply #(#). I also agree dark styling would be a nice touch.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the support, as soon as i get some more of the app completed i'll get into styling it better, so that it has look right now i'm worried about the functionality of the entire project making it work, but the search for now looks complete on my side i fixed a glitch yesterday that was driving me nuts now to get the Character Sheet.

Side note, the SearchRank was because i was having problems figuring how blizzard orginally had it set for who was on 1st, it will be removed, there is still a couple odd things, the person who is 1st isn't actually first sometimes so they must have another method combined with that to make them first overall.
    Think maybe they calculate in highest level?

And yeah of course, finish up the back end before you polish off the front end. I just re-activated my account today :P
    That i'm not sure about, what happens if you have multiple 80s?

Basicly i looked at it like this when looking at the website.
    * Search Rank
    * Relevance
    * Level

Sometimes, such as the Character "Klerick" (iirc) has a lower Search Rank somehow, but is 80 and his Relevance is 100%; yet on the Armory he's first... On the App i think he shows up 2nd... I might just leave it alone for the time being and see if blizzard wants to be kind and give me an idea of what's going on but i'll prob just put that to a ToDo thing need to work on the Sheet today sometime hopefully... If only i could ditch raids for a couple nights this would go much faster
    I like the idea K4 put across. Having a faded background representing the fact that the character is either Horde or Alliance is a great way to represent a lot of the information you get on the site in a limited amount of space. You could even go so far as making the background different for the different races.

e.g.
    For Orcs, you could have a picture of Orgrimmar
    For Dwarves, you could have a picture of Ironforge
    etc.

Keep up the good work on the Armory application and I can't wait to see how it turns out
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    would be 100% willing to help beta test. My guildies with iPhones need to stop picking on me!
    Quote Originally Posted by antiami View Post
    You could even go so far as making the background different for the different races.

e.g.
    For Orcs, you could have a picture of Orgrimmar
    For Dwarves, you could have a picture of Ironforge
    etc.
    Wow that's a really great idea i never thought of it that way, might have to try doing some of that as soon as i get the other things done.

Quote Originally Posted by swagner View Post
    would be 100% willing to help beta test. My guildies with iPhones need to stop picking on me!
    Tell them to quit while they're ahead, it took iPhone over 3 years before they could have an app like that :-)
    Really have nothing meaningful to contribute just wanted to say good luck and definitely looking forward to this!
    Here is the character screen working, its all static data (User/Realm info only) atm, not much information its just pulling the item images from wowHead but i might switch the DB over to mmo-champion cause they seem to have the newest items before wowHead even gets them.

But this is really Ugly looking, but its progress i guess somewhere.

Is there any way you can port the iphone app?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast