Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    What do you mean you were not able to read the XML from their servers. It's just plain XML as long as you send the get "rhtml=n" also. There is no reason a outside server is necessary, it sounds like you are making it really complicated.

Yea, I've got search working and am just formatting how the character screen should look. I think if I keep coding I might be able to put something out shortly.
    Ahh, i didn't know that switch would solve the one thing i could not get working off the bat after hours of trying.
    Bah!

I never knew about rhtml=n...

*SIGH*

That would've helped me do a lot more.

Unfortunately, my time is VERY limited to just the weekends as well. I just wanted to do this for the hell of it, in my free time. I guess Temp has it taken care of then.

Thanks Temp!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Bah!

I never knew about rhtml=n...

*SIGH*

That would've helped me do a lot more.

Unfortunately, my time is VERY limited to just the weekends as well. I just wanted to do this for the hell of it, in my free time. I guess Temp has it taken care of then.

Thanks Temp!
    Yes Thank you Temp!

I feel your pain though Sirata, working late at night and not having my laptop with me sucks big time, but any help Temp needs i can provide, i might work on the Code some more when my time frees up still trying to learn and develop a somewhat knowledge of JSJSJS.

Temp just a heads up might be more work then its worth but converting the XML to jSON provides a very quick way to navigate the characterview XML cause of how blizzard has it all setup, atleast it was for me, but i did it the hard way as you could tell from previous posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    Temp just a heads up might be more work then its worth but converting the XML to jSON provides a very quick way to navigate the character view XML cause of how blizzard has it all setup, atleast it was for me, but i did it the hard way as you could tell from previous posts.
    No problem guys. If you saw the post a few back I gave an example of how my framework handles XML. Makes it insanely easy to navigate. I'm spending most of my time formatting the content. Mostly since it has to act different when information doesn't apply to a specific character.

Screenshot from a minute ago:
    No problem guys. If you saw the post a few back I gave an example of how my framework handles XML. Makes it insanely easy to navigate. I'm spending most of my time formatting the content. Mostly since it has to act different when information doesn't apply to a specific character.
    Almost reminds me of how i use to run thru the DOM with PHP.
    ^ Yea, same sort of idea. Both are very easy to parse XML.

I figured I would format it up really quick. You guys think this would work for the character screen?

Last edited by Templarian; 11/01/2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Hell yeah it looks awesome! When can we have a go at it?
    I hate to put this in here but i need the attention of the wow armory developers.

I have an app suggestion and started a thread on it. If you are a dev please see link:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ow-armory.html
    Wow.

That looks AMAZING Temp!

NICE job!
    I'm probably going to finish it this weekend. Very busy this week with work and classes. All the basic script and formatting ideas are there. Just need to implement them.

I'll most likely be throwing it in the feed then and if there are no legal reasons it cannot be in the actual app catalog I'll submit it there (of course will be recoding quite a bit of it to their standards so that will come later).
    I'm probably going to finish it this weekend. Very busy this week with work and classes. All the basic script and formatting ideas are there. Just need to implement them.

I'll most likely be throwing it in the feed then and if there are no legal reasons it cannot be in the actual app catalog I'll submit it there (of course will be recoding quite a bit of it to their standards so that will come later).
    That shouldn't be to hard, with all the work you've done so far... any chance you'll be able to release that framework for viewing?
    I'm almost positive Blizzard will get mad at you, tbh.

I've heard Blizzard is as protective as Apple when it comes to their information/affiliations.

However, I'm rooting for you!

Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    That shouldn't be to hard, with all the work you've done so far... any chance you'll be able to release that framework for viewing?
    Sure, why not, definitely not read to use, and most of the site is out of date since I restructured how it handles just about everything (remove spaces).
    [removed links]

There's no license right now, but just take it as copyrighted at the moment till I've worked on it more. (edit: just wanted to say it's a mess, it's more of a thinking framework at the moment).

Yea, I probably won't submit it to the app catalog, I should be getting a cease and desist order well before then.
    Last edited by Templarian; 03/06/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    wow looks amazing great work.
    Templarian,

this is my first post on here but I've been watching your posts for a bit on the WoW Armory app, It looks great! Can't wait until it's out so we can try it.

I like my MyTouch much better than most of my friend's iPhones but I will admit their Armory app and WoW apps are kick ***. You can even accept calendar invites through their app as well.

Hopefully we'll see that soon, you are definitely rockin' that app.

thank you for your efforts!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdrex28 View Post
    You can even accept calendar invites through their app as well.

Hopefully we'll see that soon, you are definitely rockin' that app.
    Not exactly sure about the legality of that all on my part. I would presume it's possible. Plus since I don't have a WoW account active it will have to be added later on.

So yea, this app in it's basic first release will only have item searching and character lookup, which is what I think most wanted. Work on the other things after that, can't wait till tomorrow is over and I'll have time to mess around.
    just wanted to follow up Templarian and see how it's coming along and when we might see it for testing...

thanks again!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Man I need to test this! iPhone and Android users are making me look bad.
    Sorry guys, I'm recoding it from the ground up which is taking a bit. I had a few flaws with the way I was setting it up originally.

Although funny thing the way I'm redoing it gives it a really small footprint. Like really small, and it no longer uses Mojo, but I might keep a similar look.
    any updates?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast