Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    The dev sent me a beta of it once and it worked decently, but I haven't heard of any progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    The dev sent me a beta of it once and it worked decently, but I haven't heard of any progress.
    I do appologize that would be my fault, i've switched schedules at work so i basicly get to sleep eat, work, i havent even had a chance to play or even program, if Palm would allow us to use custom headers i could make this work better then it currently does.

For everyone wanting the last beta i' developed i will need to setup my new server to handle the requests so it will be this weekend. Reply to this thread with your email address [name (at) whatever (dot) com]. Everyone below this post will get a email copy of the last beta i was able to produce.

Please, e-mail bugs that you find within the application; as soon as i get free time again i can being developing on this but it will be slow as my time is very limited now. If anyone wants to provide me with some graphics for the app please feel free to make and send them along.

Things that are finished or in the current beta:
    * Search Function for (US) Characters, sorted closely to what blizzard has listed on the offical armory

* Character Screen: Gear with icons for all the gear currently equipped according to last cache from blizzard.

* Character Screen: Stats, no drop down yet for Attack Power, Spell Damage etc.

* Character Screen: Health, Mana/Rage/Runic/Energy, Tradeskills Bars

* Limited Tooltips. (still a lot of data to parse thru to figure out what belongs where; this is what kept me on a holding pattern for a week just as an fyi)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Please help anyone who can:

I need an app for work. I need an app that can figure monthly payments figured by a factor such as .042, ex. base price= 4500 - 20% of that number, plus 30 x .1, i would take that number times the factor. I dont know how to create my own app, so any help would be great. Im sure that im being very vague about all this so if you have any questions please let me know. I would really appreciate all your guys' help
    Quote Originally Posted by markgowen View Post
    Please help anyone who can:

I need an app for work. I need an app that can figure monthly payments figured by a factor such as .042, ex. base price= 4500 - 20% of that number, plus 30 x .1, i would take that number times the factor. I dont know how to create my own app, so any help would be great. Im sure that im being very vague about all this so if you have any questions please let me know. I would really appreciate all your guys' help

Seriously? You thought the best way to get help with developing a completely new app, which doesn't do anything that can't be done with a 4 function calculator, was to hijack and discussion on a World of Warcraft app?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    seriously? your gonna ***** about it? I posted to the wrong thread. sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by markgowen View Post
    seriously? your gonna ***** about it? I posted to the wrong thread. sorry.

Even tho this is the wrong place to post it, my best suggestion to learn how to program for the webOS is to pick up Paul Mitchell's book, he shows you how to create a News reader (RSS) which he uses almost everything you could think of, Javascript is not my first language of choice not even on my radar but after getting this phone and reading and trying to learn the language i've gotten pretty far with it, if you can read and write with some logic you can program.
    can't wait to use this app if you are still doing beta testing i would love to

email hampsterJ(@)msn(dot)com
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    same swagner53 at rochester.rr dot com
    ya the version I have no longer works

djrenner at gmail dot com

Thanks!
    So,

I started pretending like I knew what I was doing.

I even made an intro page with a search bar and everything. I soon realized that I have no idea how to successfully make an XML request and get back information from it. If anyone has any suggestion as to what site I can use, or if Blizzard provides easily useable API's for the armory, I could TRY with that. So, essentially, my version of the Armory app has nothing more than a mediocre looking search page.

Also: If anyone has the old version, I can try to contact the developer and take a look at that and carry on the development from there too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/26/2009 at 08:59 AM.

You know what could be fun, helping crack addicts by giving them something to track their crack use, but writing this up really quick will have to do (I can already parse the armory, just don't have a screenshot of it since it's messy).
    Bah!

Nicely Done!

Let's see if we can try to collaborate on this... Phrozen has his code up on his forum that you might want to sign up for and take a look at.

That is, if you're the collaboration kinda guy. If you're doing this project solo, that's totally cool.
    I'm just writing it really quickly. 4 hours so far. Try to see if I can get it coded up pretty quick and released. It's based on my framework that's a work in progress or I would do the whole open sourced thing (not that I still won't release the source, just may put some license stuff on it).

Plus I don't plan to have login functions since I don't really understand how the WoW armory API stuff works, can't find docs, so I'm just parsing the sites XML.

See my code is setup like below. Makes parsing the files really simple and strait forward. Mostly just have to do formatting, so much data.
    Code:
    dd.xml({
        // URL of XML file, start with http:// if external
        url:"http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml",
        // Optionally store the xml for later use under an id 
        id:"activecharacter",
        // Optionally pass variables through
        parameters:{
            r:"Burning+Blade",
            n:"Mistajingles",
            rhtml:"n"
        },
        // Set the Method, it defaults to "POST"
        method:"GET",
        // Catch the contents if it is ran successfully
        onSuccess:function()
        {
            // this.xml is also a function still
            this("output").text = "Primary: ";
            // Gets the primary type
            this("output").text += this.xml.characterInfo[0]
                                           .characterTab[0]
                                           .talentSpecs[0]
                                           .talentSpec[0]
                                           .getAttribute('prim');
            this("output").text += ", Class: ";
            this("output").text += this.xml.characterInfo[0]
                                           .character[0]
                                           .getAttribute('class');
            for(var i in this.xml.characterInfo[0]
                                           .characterTab[0]
                                           .items[0]
                                           .item)
            {
                var img = this.xml.characterInfo[0]
                                  .characterTab[0]
                                  .items[0]
                                  .item[i]
                                  .getAttribute('icon');
                this("outputimage").addElement("img", "", {
                    src:"http://www.wowarmory.com/wow-icons/_images/51x51/" + img + ".jpg",
                    style:"width:51px;height:51px;"
                });
            }
        },
        // Catch the error and do something if it fails
        onFailure:function()
        {
            this("error").text = "Failed";
        }
    });
    Last edited by Templarian; 10/29/2009 at 07:28 PM.
    By the way, SirataXero how far is your guys Armory application? I'm probably just reinventing the wheel for a bit till I catch up.

I'm going to bed, but here's another Screenshot. As you probably figured out it's not a Mojo application.
    Last edited by Templarian; 10/30/2009 at 12:35 AM.
    Well, to be honest, I haven't worked on it much after I got the main page up. I was having some trouble obtaining the XML. Hadn't even begun parsing yet. : /.

Phrozen seemed to have the parsing done and the relative placement going. I could wait for him to chime in.

I just recently got his code so I can begin in a bit.

But your app looks REALLY good, and I would feel confident in saying seems to be the farthest along, so I guess it's all up to you.

Also, What do you mean not a Mojo app? I just assumed you had a really nice GUI. Is this a webapp then? As in... going through the browser?
    i'd like to also try the beta pls mail me at youngesco@comcast.net for invites
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Also, What do you mean not a Mojo app? I just assumed you had a really nice GUI. Is this a webapp then? As in... going through the browser?
    I'm just not using the webOS UI / Widgets.

(also I won't be emailing anyone might just get it added to Preware)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    I'm just not using the webOS UI / Widgets.
    Oh, I see. That's cool. It's not a big deal. As long as it looks good, of course that's all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templarian View Post
    By the way, SirataXero how far is your guys Armory application? I'm probably just reinventing the wheel for a bit till I catch up.

I'm going to bed, but here's another Screenshot. As you probably figured out it's not a Mojo application.
    The Application has the Search completed w/ as close as possible to the way blizzard has it listed, it does pull up the character information when you tap into the character, it will load up the basic stats, professions, health/mana/etc bars, as well as all the armor they are currently using and give a quick display of the stats on the armor.

My Application is a full Mojo Application which can' not read into Blizzard atleast last time i attempted to make Ajax Requests to and from their server so it's currently being requested from my Server and XML dumpd so the pre can read all that then parsed and kicked out.

Any help just PM i'll help out as much as possible, if you want the source just let me know as well, i would love to continue working on it more, but my free time is extremely limited to the weekends
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    My Application is a full Mojo Application which can' not read into Blizzard atleast last time i attempted to make Ajax Requests to and from their server so it's currently being requested from my Server and XML dumpd so the pre can read all that then parsed and kicked out.

Any help just PM i'll help out as much as possible, if you want the source just let me know as well, i would love to continue working on it more, but my free time is extremely limited to the weekends
    What do you mean you were not able to read the XML from their servers. It's just plain XML as long as you send the get "rhtml=n" also. There is no reason a outside server is necessary, it sounds like you are making it really complicated.

Yea, I've got search working and am just formatting how the character screen should look. I think if I keep coding I might be able to put something out shortly.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast